What if Hot Toys made 6 inch figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it! High end 1/12 figures, environments, vehicles. Cool?

I don't see why people are bashing him.... I agree with many ppl here saying that the cost will be too high to justify this... HOWEVER:

I think the crucial point is really that we need better quality 6 inch (or smaller scaled) figures.. The DC Universe used to do a pretty good job but has been reusing bodies way too much and also come with less and less accessories with every wave. Also the quintessential batmobile and batcave playset is missing.

For those who said, "oh those are toys ... now the 1/6 scales are not"... stop kidding yourself folks... the 1/6 are still toys, just more high end toys... that's it. I don't know about you guys but the love for ultra high-quality 1/6 actually stems from the fact that the 6" figures from the past do not have the quality that we wanted...

Having said all the above I don't think the 6" inch figures for DC (esp. batman) will need to be hottoys grade quality. For. e.g, a movie batman figure does not necessarily have to have a separate costume on top of the body.. but rather having a much better sculpt than the current 6" batmen that they have on offer. A great quality 6"inch DC/Batman figure or even smaller scales will be great for collectors as some collectors do not necessarily have the space to display the 1/6 collection (Take me for example, I live in Hong Kong where space is scarce). So for me I'd totally be up for it if they make a great batmobile with light up features, a cockpit that slides like the movie ones (for. e.g. the 1989 hotwheels batmobile) and can actually accomodate figures inside. By doing this the price will not be crazily expensive but maybe more in the KAI arts figure range.

The whole deal about 1/6 scale is that it provides the most efficient scale in terms of rendering the most accurate portrayal of a character, in terms of both sculpt and costume. 1/12 would be an entirely different product altogether. Another company sure, but why Hot Toys specifically?

hot toys did a small figure (a truetype) a while back i think about that size. it was a promotional item for a convention for dealers???? i think wookster might have gotten one. pretty cool little item but no.......i wouldn't get into such a line.

I have one of those it was tiny and the joints didn't move, it was a 1/6 scale 1/6th scale TrueType in a little TrueType snap case. Cute but only for promotion.

If Hot Toys made 6" figures they would be called NECA and they would still be overpriced. :lol

The whole deal about 1/6 scale is that it provides the most efficient scale in terms of rendering the most accurate portrayal of a character, in terms of both sculpt and costume. 1/12 would be an entirely different product altogether.
I agree.. to a point.

Firstly - let it be said, I LOVE the 1/6 scale stuff. I've been a convert since HT T2 Arnold. However, I think EB's 1/4 Begins Batman is stunning - the cowl design / contours, the suit & body proportions - all of it. This is one example anyway, of where I think HT haven't done as well with their 1/6 Begins Batman figures. To me they all look too chunky - which skews the proportions somewhat, & the neck on the cowl always looks too long to me. :huh

All that said - like Lejuan says - go any smaller, & you're not talking about the same QC consistency - as I also mentioned earlier.

Back