What if Anakin had kept the twins?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas should have made it clear that Vader killed Padme. I still have no idea why he felt it was neccessary to soften the blow by saying she died because she lost the will to live. :banghead :pow

pixletwin said:
Lucas should have made it clear that Vader killed Padme. I still have no idea why he felt it was neccessary to soften the blow by saying she died because she lost the will to live. :banghead :pow

iagreedw91.gif

I agree that Lucas made a mistake by not having Vader kill Anakin, I honestly think it was a cop out at the last minute to make Anakin more likable, more tragic than evil, not to mention originally Obi-Wan forced Vader into a lava pit. Changing that tale that I remember from back when I was a kid also makes me think he wanted to keep Obi-Wan likable as well....it was a faux-pas that he'll claim was purposefully done but I think was a last minute loss of nerve by the "Maker" himself...I'm sure if you look at a lot of the inconsistancies you can tie them to decisions to paint the PT as less dark.

The Mike said:
I agree that Lucas made a mistake by not having Vader kill Anakin, I honestly think it was a cop out at the last minute to make Anakin more likable, more tragic than evil, not to mention originally Obi-Wan forced Vader into a lava pit. Changing that tale that I remember from back when I was a kid also makes me think he wanted to keep Obi-Wan likable as well....it was a faux-pas that he'll claim was purposefully done but I think was a last minute loss of nerve by the "Maker" himself...I'm sure if you look at a lot of the inconsistancies you can tie them to decisions to paint the PT as less dark.

Less Dark = More kids see movie
More kids see movie = more money
more money = happy george lucas (and angry me)

I don't see how this is NOT true. Lucas can't write or direct for a crap and should have handed the writing to someone who could actually do both. (well okay, he's not crap, but not great). If you really want a better story for RoTS, just read the book my Matt Stover, it really is about 50000000 times better then the movie. Anway, as to Anakin and the twins. I'm sure Sidious would have made Vader kill thim. Remember what Obi-Wan said in RoTJ "the emperor knew as I did, that if Anakin had any offspring, they would be a threat to him." So right there, Luke and Leia would be chucked out an airlock Battlestar Galactica style.

pixletwin said:

I th9ink he didn't want Vader to be evil totally. Killing your wife would've done that. He wanted Anakin/Vader to be a character of pity, not terror. I agree though he should have been the one all out who killed her.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I th9ink he didn't want Vader to be evil totally. Killing your wife would've done that. He wanted Anakin/Vader to be a character of pity, not terror. I agree though he should have been the one all out who killed her.

I think betraying your friends and killing children is enormously more evil. Thats why I don't get that he stopped there. :D

What if...here we go!

What if Anakin had actually struck Mace down instead of Palpatine killing Mace? Would that have made his fall to the dark side a little more palatable?
Let's face it,Mace practically hated Anakain, I'm sure Anakin didn't have too much use for him either. The situation would remain the same, Mace about to kill Palpatine, standing in Anakin's way of saving Padme. Just the results different.

Back