What Hot Toys could do with the JAMES BOND-007 licence (to kill)...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care if it's Hot Toys but I'd love for someone to pick up my favorite license ever. Of course Hot toys would be sooo awesome!

Aston Martin DB5.'Nuff said!

I believe a member here posted once photos of his 1/6 DB5, looked super.

And I think the sculpts with the Sideshow Bonds was not the problem, but rather the paint.
OLuf Hartvigson really captured Roger Moore with his Live&Let Die version and his Geoerge Lazanby was also superb.

I think most of the sculpts on the existing SS Bonds still hold up great and blend in well with my newer SS and HT figures, but technology and design has improved alot in the past five years, and it would be cool to see what kind of stuff HT could come up with (better proportions, skin texture, better tailoring etc,) especially on 007 characters that haven't been made yet.

One of my fellow freaks repainted Matt Falls Dr.No Connery and turned an already excellent sculpt into an absolute masterpiece.I still think that was Matts best work.

I have only the SST Connery Bond (because he's my favorite Bond of all), and I'm very happy with it... but you know what? If Hot Toys did another Connery Bond, I'd buy it in a second. As long as he's in a similar "action ready" outfit. I know the tux look is iconic, but I like his black sweater and backpack look. It reminds me of 1960s toys in a good way, the way the movies themselves epitomize "60's Cool."

I didn't pick up the Michelle Yeoh figure although I'm a huge fan of hers, too, but I'd buy an HT one.

At the same time, I'm with some of the others in this thread who'd prefer to see them do more obscure stuff. And if SST's not gonna do it for me, maybe HT can make those Battle Royale figures I've been clamoring for ever since I saw that flick 6 or so years ago!

PS- I have no complaints about the Connery sculpt from SST. Excellent likeness, instantly recognizable and with just the right attitude. I'd just love to see what the HT people could do with Connery with today's standards.

I agree.

Ya know, I'm not even Craig's biggest fan, but I feel like I need one to complete the set. You hear me Hot Toys?! Make it happen.

Back