What horror movie do you WANT to see remade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the Faun's legs were real. They were a practical part of the suit, puppeteered by Doug's actual legs, which themselves were cg'ed out. Very clever work on behalf of Guillermo, DDT, and Cafe' FX.

Same technique was employed on The Pale Man as well.

Exactly what I mean. CGI monsters are cool for quick shots...or unless it's a big epic sized monster...but for human or near human sized ones....make'em suits. Everyone will be thankful for it. :1-1:

Yeah, that was a tv mini-series with Pat Hingle I think...what does that have to do with an accurate adaption of Stephen King's novel? That's right, the original film, although terrific as it may have been, wasn't to King's liking. So relax, if someone remakes it, Stephen King will have the final word if the project is ever green-lit, and I'm sure ladies and gentlemen, it will be awesome, guaranteed or you can say to me "I told you so"!

Yeah, that was a tv mini-series with Pat Hingle I think...what does that have to do with an accurate adaption of Stephen King's novel? That's right, the original film, although terrific as it may have been, wasn't to King's liking. So relax, if someone remakes it, Stephen King will have the final word if the project is ever green-lit, and I'm sure ladies and gentlemen, it will be awesome, guaranteed or you can say to me "I told you so"!

jim-carrey.gif

the first Zombie movie I saw as a Kid" Children shouldn't play with dead things" acting was cheesy But the Zombies gave me nightmares for years and started me down the Horror Path

the first Zombie movie I saw as a Kid" Children shouldn't play with dead things" acting was cheesy But the Zombies gave me nightmares for years and started me down the Horror Path

I loved this one when it came out. One of the first zombie films I saw after Night of the living dead. it was scheduled for a remake, but the director got hit by a drunk driver (who pleaded guilty) and it's been in limbo ever since. Hopefully it will get done sooner than later.

cheeeeeesuz, no. leave it be.

lol, once again! Nothing in Hollywood will be left alone. Especially the horror genre. You've seen what they've done to Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. If something's re-made it's re-made, and that's all there is to it. The film business is run by a bunch of guys who sit down at a Starbucks, thinking of more ways to make money. (Trust me on that; I met executive producers, and the vice president of marketing for New Line Cinema) MONEY is topic of interest, and discussion. That's unfortunately all they care about.

All I'm simply saying is, "what if", The Shining were re-done, but re-done in such a way, it could surpass everybody's (doubts &)expectations. A prime example of this, let's say is the Nolan's Batman series. Nobody expected the series (let alone one Batman film) to ever be a success ever again after Batman & Robin. And so, there are always opportunities to do something DIFFERENT and make the movie as good if not better than the original if that's conceivable. And I love Jack Nicholson, he's my #1 favorite actor of all time, but who says there aren't upcoming actors that could top Nicholson's performance, just as (according to some) Ledger's performance as the Joker was better than Nicholsons' in that respect; even though Ledger was doing something completely DIFFERENT with the character. It's all about the right timing with these films, and I would hope the re-imagining of The Shining (if any) will be a successful one. So there!

lol, once again! Nothing in Hollywood will be left alone. Especially the horror genre. You've seen what they've done to Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. If something's re-made it's re-made, and that's all there is to it. The film business is run by a bunch of guys who sit down at a Starbucks, thinking of more ways to make money. (Trust me on that; I met executive producers, and the vice president of marketing for New Line Cinema) MONEY is topic of interest, and discussion. That's unfortunately all they care about.

All I'm simply saying is, "what if", The Shining were re-done, but re-done in such a way, it could surpass everybody's (doubts &)expectations. A prime example of this, let's say is the Nolan's Batman series. Nobody expected the series (let alone one Batman film) to ever be a success ever again after Batman & Robin. And so, there are always opportunities to do something DIFFERENT and make the movie as good if not better than the original if that's conceivable. And I love Jack Nicholson, he's my #1 favorite actor of all time, but who says there aren't upcoming actors that could top Nicholson's performance, just as (according to some) Ledger's performance as the Joker was better than Nicholsons' in that respect; even though Ledger was doing something completely DIFFERENT with the character. It's all about the right timing with these films, and I would hope the re-imagining of The Shining (if any) will be a successful one. So there!

i've seen those re-imagined classics you mentioned. what scares me the most is the lack of imagination they put out...that's the SCARY part.:gah:

King's smoking crack. That TV mini series way gayer than Tim Gunn. Sure Kubrick's version isn't note for note with the novel, but I don't think you could get a better adaption than the original. That film conveyed the same amount of creepiness I got from reading the book.

King's smoking crack. That TV mini series way gayer than Tim Gunn. Sure Kubrick's version isn't note for note with the novel, but I don't think you could get a better adaption than the original. That film conveyed the same amount of creepiness I got from reading the book.

I honestly don't know what Stephen King was unhappy with, Kubrick's version was a terrific film. I do remember them mentioning the casting of Jack Nicholson angered King because he wanted an ordinary man who wouldn't come off as cuckoo before he turned...cuckoo. Jack had just come out with One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest so, of course, people knew what to expect with his character throughout the duration of his film, whereas, casting an unknown or someone who had never had a dramatic on-screen breakdown before, would have been better suited in King's eyes, because nobody would have expected the actor to go in that exact opposite.

The only thing Stephen King was mad about was the fact that Kubrick made his film better than the book. Stanley spent 5 years prepping and making this film ............. its a damn masterpiece.

I honestly don't know what Stephen King was unhappy with, Kubrick's version was a terrific film. I do remember them mentioning the casting of Jack Nicholson angered King because he wanted an ordinary man who wouldn't come off as cuckoo before he turned...cuckoo. Jack had just come out with One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest so, of course, people knew what to expect with his character throughout the duration of his film, whereas, casting an unknown or someone who had never had a dramatic on-screen breakdown before, would have been better suited in King's eyes, because nobody would have expected the actor to go in that exact opposite.

Nicholson only enhanced that role. Not only that but that film is considered a classic because of it and has one of the greatest and most mimicked lines of all time. The casting was perfectly suited to the roles and the fact that subsequent attempts will never live up to it pretty much proves this. It's also one of the VERY FEW times, I've ever viewed a King adaption after reading the book first, that I hadn't been utterly disappointed. Salem's Lot, The Dark Half, The Running Man, The Langoliers and Sleepwalkers are just a handfull of turds that come to mind.

The Sideshow Story . . . a story of a how a company was formed that originally made a variety sub-par to worthwhile offerings for very reasonable prices before they evolved into an unstoppable powerhouse producing so many worthwhile offerings ranging in design/quality, but at premium prices that makes collectors shudder in awe & fear.

The Sideshow Story . . . a story of a how a company was formed that originally made a variety of excellent to worthwhile offerings for very reasonable prices before they evolved into an unstoppable powerhouse producing so many problematic, lackluster offerings ranging in design/quality, but at premium prices that makes collectors shudder in awe & fear.

Fixed and :lecture:lecture:lecture. :lol

Back