What horror movie do you WANT to see remade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None!!! All the one's I like are just fine the way they are.
How about something original for a change...

Nothing's original. Everything is either based off something, inspired by something, stolen from something, a homage to something...ect...ect...ect.

The original Night of the Living Dead.

Don't get me wrong I like the original for what it is, but I can't say I'm a fan of the Savini remake. I'd like to see someone like, but not actually Robert Rodriguez, bring a little more style and a bit more of a desperate vibe to it.

Yea, I really thought he did an excellent job with Dawn except the baby scene. Just felt a little too much, not even (don't take this wrong) the dead baby, but just that a woman zombie would give birth.

The Dawn remake could have been worse, but it wasn't anything special, IMO. Snyder should stick to his "living comic recreations" from now on. He does that well.

anchorman.........:lecture...............:lol

how about mother's day?
at the end when she jumped out over those logs........:horror........course i was stoned as all get out, but still, low budget 80's stuff rocks. :lecture...........you could build on that.

If im not mistaken, I think this remake is in the works as we speak.
I kinda think a remake of Maniac would be cool. Id like to see how they handle the ending and stuff.

It's always been my goal to direct a big-budget, true to the original novel, horror-oriented remake of Phantom of the Opera. I love the film versions, from Chaney and Rains to Lom and Englund, which got me to read the Leroux's book in the first place, but all have fallen short of fidelity. I know the original novel was just a pulp mystery, and not a masterpiece of literature, but there are just so many great cinematic elements in it begging to be brought to life on screen.

And as much as I enjoy the stage show and love the Lloyd-Webber music for what it is, I feel it has done serious damage to the character's creepy reputation. The Schumacher film took it a step further by completely destroying everything that defined the story. If you make the Phantom sexy and overly appealing you completely miss the mark; There's nothing sexy about a horribly disfigured, circus freak genius living in the sewers, pretending to be an angel/ghost and killing anyone who pisses him off. My goal is to remind audiences that Phantom of the Opera was first and foremost a thriller and gothic horror story. Not a teeny-bopper romance and love story. Sure there is romance, but there is in any great horror story.

Poor Erik has become just as watered down and butt-raped in today's society as vampires, werewolves and mummies (looking at you Stephen Sommers, and Stephanie Meyer.) I wanna make the Phantom scary again.

How about Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive.
I was watching this movie the other day and thought if remade it would be good cause there is so much more that depends on computers. I mean watching it the extent was cars and trucks and atm machines. Now days you could throw ipod's, computers, laptops, etc... into the mix.
Jim

How about Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive.
I was watching this movie the other day and thought if remade it would be good cause there is so much more that depends on computers. I mean watching it the extent was cars and trucks and atm machines. Now days you could throw ipod's, computers, laptops, etc... into the mix.
Jim

I might be okay with that, as long as they kept the Green Goblin truck and some of the AC/DC.

They could have GPS' leading people off cliffs and cell phones giving brain tumors, which would be funny, because well, they do those things anyway.

Back