What horror movie do you WANT to see remade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he may have actually just been ribbing me and people who greenlight remakes in general:wink1:

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture I'm all for remakes if they're done correctly. But with today's mindset of "get in and out fast, as cheap as possible and cover all the plotholes with blood!" we only get a decent remake in every 20 or so. Unfortunately, more often than not, precious properties become collateral damage. The Day of the Dead remake is a prime example of this, with the Dawn remake being a 1-in-20.

Anyone touches Alien and the whole camp goes.

Kurt-Russell-in-The-Thing-001.jpg

Oh the irony........

Meh. Somewhere along the line here I discussed the new Thing and how it's intended to serve as a seamless joint film with the original. Assumed it was in this thread. I was wrong. Apologies all around.

Meh. Somewhere along the line here I discussed the new Thing and how it's intended to serve as a seamless joint film with the original. Assumed it was in this thread. I was wrong. Apologies all around.

I really hope they do a period piece with this prequel, and not update it with the hopes of doing a remake of the '82 flick. Hell, if they could get the dated look to the film too, that'd be aces! Though, practical FX are a MUST to match it seamlessly.

Sorry not happening, when we went to Horror Nights at Universal they showed a sneek peek and it doesn't look dated. That said they really didn't sshow much in the way of the effects so who knows.

I've seen the preview. Looked pretty good to me. No, not really dated, but the atmosphere appeared to be there. The original Carpenter theme/score makes a comeback for the title reveal as well. It gave me chills.
My hopes may be too high though. :dunno

Sorry not happening, when we went to Horror Nights at Universal they showed a sneek peek and it doesn't look dated. That said they really didn't sshow much in the way of the effects so who knows.

I've seen the preview. Looked pretty good to me. No, not really dated, but the atmosphere appeared to be there. The original Carpenter theme/score makes a comeback for the title reveal as well. It gave me chills.
My hopes may be too high though. :dunno

Oh wow!

Didn't know it was that far ahead in post-production already!
Cool news.

I saw the trailer. I didnt see any Cell Phones, or any sexy cars. So...I assume it's a period peice. Just not in your face.

I've read only good things about the thing prequel.
The director himself saying if they could make it practical back then they definetely can now and that they're confident that they can keep the feel and atmosphere of the original ( or remake of the original :lol ).

As mentioned though I think I might be a little to excited myself for that movie.:lol

Back