What has Sideshow given you for FREE.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won a Flash Gordon Statue for know Klytus' Line "An Obscure body in the SK system your Magesty."

A gift card for ordering the rebel troops.

And for this last x-mas, just because she asked, Sideshow gave my wife a $15 gift code to give to me for free.

And no, I'm not telling you what th code was....

How do you define "free"? You know that SOMEONE payed for these things, don't you? They didn't fall out of the sky, just like that.

Nothing is free.

I won some things over the years, but I don't belive that these items where "for free". As far as I'm concerned, these items where payed for by the great SSC collecting community. I thanked SSC many times for winning these items. Perhaps now is a good time to thank the SSC customers also.

Thank you Sideshow customers!!*

You buy stuff from SSC. A part of that money is set aside for promotional purposes, like "giving away free stuff", so...

Nothing is for free. All of us payed for that "free" stuff.

It's nice that Sideshow redirects some of the money they earn in the form of gifts, but to be honest, I care much more for a correct (customer) service. And, I belive, I do get an outstanding customer service from Sideshow. Apart from their arbitrary price hikes. "Promotional gifts" can't cover that up.

* since I'm also an SSC customer spending huge amounts of dollars on Sideshow stuff, I think I'd like to thank myself a little: thank you Alice!

I've had 2 gifts cards at one time or another and I could never find anything I wanted to use them on. They expired uselessly.

I have one right now for $25 that's good until Xmas 2008 so I'm hoping I can use it for something this time.

contests:

t-shirt - i find your lack of sideshow collectibles disturbing
1/6th bib fortuna
orc mini helmet
dead king mini helmet
lady sham statue
sideshow cat vol 10 - for a quote

Stone Trolls
Gondorian Helm set
Warmask of the Mogul Lord
Subject 5 Exclusive
Invisible Man 12" Exclusive
Crown of the King of the Dead
Pipping bust
Galadriel bust
Legolas statue
Dead T-Shirt
another 3-4 SS t-shirts
2 SS hats
SS coffee mug (not the one in the Spook kit)
2-3 SS Keychains
numerous Christmas cards
Sauron's Mace
Vampire Buffy 12"
Gift cards out the kazoo
5 different Simpsons busts
Reward points
bajillion catalogs # 6 & 7
bunches of small promo items too numerous to list/remember
invite to their SDCC customer appreciation parties

Yes, I've been very, very, VERY lucky. Some have been "free" (via convention attendance or were surprise additions to regular orders); some have been prizes won during various contests. Alice has a good point but, for me, the debate of whether they're true "gifts" or that we wind up eventually paying for part of them through our regular purchasing (and markups) is moot. I purchase from other companies and none of them has provided me anything resembling "free" or "gift."

I forgot to mention -- the most important thing -- phenomenal customer service and fan outreach (and I believed this even before I got anything free from them). BEST in the business.

Just this weekend, they gave me free paint rubs and oil on my Stealth Iron Man.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I received two gift cards that I redeemed on the Dejarik Holochess set and an extra Bib Fortuna (a gift for my aunt, who in turn used her CIV gift card to get me an extra Asajj Ventress for x-mas :cool: ).

I have yet to win any contests, though (and I sign up for any and all Star Wars related ones). Maybe one day... :eek:

Oh, and two of the recent calendars. :)

Stone Trolls
Gondorian Helm set
Warmask of the Mogul Lord
Subject 5 Exclusive
Invisible Man 12" Exclusive
Crown of the King of the Dead
Pipping bust
Galadriel bust
Legolas statue
Dead T-Shirt
another 3-4 SS t-shirts
2 SS hats
SS coffee mug (not the one in the Spook kit)
2-3 SS Keychains
numerous Christmas cards
Sauron's Mace
Vampire Buffy 12"
Gift cards out the kazoo
5 different Simpsons busts
Reward points
bajillion catalogs # 6 & 7
bunches of small promo items too numerous to list/remember
invite to their SDCC customer appreciation parties

Yes, I've been very, very, VERY lucky. Some have been "free" (via convention attendance or were surprise additions to regular orders); some have been prizes won during various contests. Alice has a good point but, for me, the debate of whether they're true "gifts" or that we wind up eventually paying for part of them through our regular purchasing (and markups) is moot. I purchase from other companies and none of them has provided me anything resembling "free" or "gift."

I forgot to mention -- the most important thing -- phenomenal customer service and fan outreach (and I believed this even before I got anything free from them). BEST in the business.

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1 That's disgusting.

I have only won a Weathertop Environment at SDCC Trivia Contest. Someone though they could beat me at a LoTR Trivia Contest; it was stupid of them. Just wished that they had more contests like that

Back