What happens to your collection when you die?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care what the hell happens to all this garbage when I die, in the end it is all just material bs that you can't take to the grave. Live life and love life its all about your relationships and experiences.

But can you take your relationships and experiences to the grave?

I've always wondered about that myself. I'm not a particularly religious individual, and I have no set belief in what will happen when I die. I know what I hope for, but that's about it.

I just always hear that term, "can't take it to the grave", and it's always sort of vexed me, I suppose because I have no definitive belief in 'life' after the grave. I'm not sure I'll take anything, even who I am, to the grave.

So love life, love your family, friends, significant others, and love your movies, shows, music and collectibles, too. Who knows if any of them will be there after you die. That's my motto.

Last edited:
Boobytraps, all of it.

A simple note, dont touch my stuff...its boobytrapped.

Gives an interesting flare to a grim day.

Assuming that I reach a nice old age (which is progressing along at an alarming rate so far) and that I then don't need to sell it all in order to pay for food, clothes and a roof over my head, then I have no idea.

I don't have any kids, no wives or ex-wives/partners, no nephews or niece's, likely largely due to the fact I have no brothers or sisters either. So I guess my estate will just sell it all off and if my parents are no longer alive at the time then I suppose the government will get all my money.

Hmmm, guess I really should start to think about it, tho since both parents are still alive, no real hurry.

I don't know. If I have children they'll have dibs I suppose. If not I doubt my surviving brothers will care enough to fight over it so I don't think I'll need to leave any explicit instructions as to who gets it. Besides, with the way we're going nowhere fast we'll probably all still be living under the same room - no relocation of my collection necessary!

Back