What happens to your collection when you die?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CogPaul

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone thought about what happens to their collection when they die? Does it get broken up and sold by family members? Do you leave it to anyone? Or do you get buried in a casket of polystone? Some of the collections here on the forum are huge and I am interested to hear what people would like to happen to them.

I have a work colleague with a teenage son who loves comics, she is a single mum and even as a professional ( no not that type!)money is tight in their house and from time to time I have gifted him pieces.Little does he know, but in my will he gets all my statues and collectibles. I know he will not sell them, will appreciate and look after them.. and get as much pleasure as I do from owning them.

I'm getting buried with mine. (ALL of them!!! I'll need a good acre of land so that each piece can have its own lot, spaced evenly apart. :lol) I might leave my Buffy PF EX behind (with the contingency that it is placed under glass and away from harm's way) so that future generations can appreciate how REAL T.V. shows were once written. But that's a BIG if. :rotfl She's my most prized PF you know!!!

It would probably get sold by my family , if I knew I was going to die ( god forbid ) I would give a few things away to select members on here.

I don't think I'll be worrying so much about my collection when I die! :) Just hope that whoever owns it will enjoy it...by keeping or selling it! ;)

Then you can expect me to bust a Howard Carter on your ass! :lol

:rotfl Awesome.

I've considered the question but have decided that in the end whatever my family chooses to do with them is fine. Maybe I'll ask them what they would do with my statues if I died and see what they say and decide if its a wise descision to leave it up to them. :lol

I guess it depends on when I die. If I drop dead tomorrow, my eldest brother would probably end up with it and sell it because he's a money ho and isn't sentimental at all.

At this time I have no one to will it to. Okay, who wants to be in my will....for now? :)

I guess it depends on when I die. If I drop dead tomorrow, my eldest brother would probably end up with it and sell it because he's a money ho and isn't sentimental at all.

At this time I have no one to will it to. Okay, who wants to be in my will....for now? :)

I dunno, depends on what's in your collection. :lol

I will be buried with my Jedi Luke 1:1 Lightsaber, 1:1 Iron Man Helmet and the rest will probably be eBay'd by my eventual children and grandchildren.

Back