What happened to Weta?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weta (Collectibles) is difficult to pigeonhole.

They are not the blockbuster powerhouse that Sideshow is, and has been for some time now.

Yet, I'm not certain they have any overwhelming aspirations to be that, either. They seem to enjoy the work they're doing (on a comparatively few) lines, and the results are almost always dynamite. Can't ask for much more than that.

And Holy Moses :horror
That Hellgate Female Templar Statue is sick I might have to pick it up :monkey5

Yup, she's not half bad, so since we are doing a little show and tell, here's mine

2270107343_faede77829_b.jpg

And if your even more interested, I did a full review, which is part of SCE Issue 1, you have all read the free Collectors mag, right - Download SCE Issue 1

Like I've been saying, while one may not have an interest in some of the licenses, their is no doubt that all of Weta's recent stuff has been top quality. Thats why I'm so looking forward to the Doctor Who statues.

That free mag is great!

Thanks for posting.

Are there any more? Where can we find these when more are created?

Do you have any of the other Hellgate statues?

Anyone who does, I'd love to see some pics.

That free mag is great!

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, took a bit of time but was fun.

Are there any more? Where can we find these when more are created?

Not yet, I have some idea's and thoughts on issue 2, but will see how it goes. I pretty much wrote all of issue 1 and I'm just not sure I have or know enough for a full second issue.
I did post a few general threads on a number of forums when I first released issue 1, but failing that, I will also update my website if/when any more are done: https://theguru.freehostia.com/statues/

Do you have any of the other Hellgate statues?

Anyone who does, I'd love to see some pics.

No, thats the only one I have and the only one that I really wanted. If the Hunter one ever shows up locally rather cheap, then I could be tempted to get that too.
I'm sure some other ppl would have them tho, maybe try a search on a couple of forums for Hellgate.
As for me, my next major coverage/review will be on the Doctor Who line (I have 3 of those statues on order). I also have a contact to David Tremont, one of the main Weta ppl behind the line, so am planning an in-depth interview, but am waiting till I have the statues in-hand first.

Yup.

I ended up getting the other three.

They are fantastic! :monkey5

hehe, well, thats my bit of Weta PR done for the week :rotfl

You'll have to post pics of them all once you get them.

btw, If you are getting direct from Weta and my free mag was of any help, it won't hurt to let them know, Weta are well aware of it, or atleast a couple of them are :monkey3

I think Weta does great stuff, but their marketing has been poor. The movies they have piggy backed on were blockbusters, but weren't great films. It took a while before the initial offerings of LOTR stuff took off. Marvel, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings will always have a market. Not sure about limited film releases.

There are only four pieces in the Hellgate Line and they are very well priced considering the Quality

The problem with Weta and hellgate was that they jumped on a totally new license, which had 0 fanbase. When the game came out, it wasn't well received. Thus a fanbase was never created.

The problem with Weta and hellgate was that they jumped on a totally new license, which had 0 fanbase. When the game came out, it wasn't well received. Thus a fanbase was never created.

yup, pretty much, which was what I said in my review. But like I also said, it doesn't bother me, at the end of the day, I have a Female Templar Knight, the exact source of the design is neither here nor there.
Once you have it in hand, its just such an amazing statue, that unlike all my other statues, I don't care that there isn't any real connection to a property/license.

weta is kicking ass in its new movies. There FX are getting insane!! thats whats up with them!

I have no interest in a Hobbit cooperation of Sideshow & Weta whatsoever. Just let Weta do their thing, it will be the bomb if they keep up their awesome work.

Back