what ever happened to Snow Bunny Outfit Padme?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something tells me that we won't be getting SBP until late 2007 if this year at all....I hope I'm wrong

I hope that major delays with all 3 Female character are based on the body. If it was just Leia and Assaj then we would know its a swapable head issue.

Customikey said:
I always anticipate some tremendous announcement in every newsletter. Makes the excitement every Thursday a lot of fun.

And the letdown all the harder.

Also the female's hands need to be addressed as well. I was going thru several of my $ide$how figure bins and noticed the hands are very small on the females. Almost fit for a child, but not a woman.

darthviper107 said:
Or maybe they were actually going to do Asajj regardless of what the outcome was of the vote which means that she would have been in production earlier.

At the time of the poll, IIRC they mentioned that the results surprised them a lot. I think they figured Asajj would be #1, not #4(or was it 5?).

Darklord Dave said:
People just don't realize how incredibly long a figure remains in development before a prototype is revealed...

This is long enough. It's been what, nearly a year and a half? There MUST be something more going on with this one. Any chance that Natalie Portman has the right to nix this figure being made and Sideshow is hoping we just someday forget about the figure/the line ends?

The headsculpt was shown to us 9 months ago. I talked to a guy from Dragon a couple years back and he said a complex figure like a Soldat went from notes on a pad of paper to a figure on the shelves in as little as six months.

The outfit isn't complex, and it will cover her whole body which they've used for other female figures with tight outfits so I don't buy that it's the outfit.

I just wish Sideshow would come out and be totally honest and tell us exactly what has been the hold up with this figure.

The headsculpt was shown to us 9 months ago. I talked to a guy from Dragon a couple years back and he said a complex figure like a Soldat went from notes on a pad of paper to a figure on the shelves in as little as six months.

The outfit isn't complex, and it will cover her whole body which they've used for other female figures with tight outfits so I don't buy that it's the outfit.

I just wish Sideshow would come out and be totally honest and tell us exactly what has been the hold up with this figure.

Licensed figures are completely different than something Dragon puts out. It really does take this long - when we first see other figures they are well on the way through the production process and it still can take a year to get to us. I can see SSC never doing a fan choice figure again though - if all the thanks they get is complaining.

I fully understand that figures take a long time to go through the development cycle, but we saw the sculpt MONTHS ago (and the figure itself was announced months before that). Surely they should further along by now.

I'm now convinced it's the cruddy Art S Buck figure that has delayed this. I can't even imagine the Snow Bunny outfit looking even remotely good enough on the existing base bodies.

I can only hope the resolution is to ditch the Buck and wait on a new (and obviously much-improved) body and not some futile attempt to make the clothing fit better on the crappy Buck.

Darklord Dave said:
I can see SSC never doing a fan choice figure again though - if all the thanks they get is complaining.

Let's just hope that if they do another "fan's choice" poll, they don't premature assume the winner again and already have it in development when it loses... :lol

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Let's just hope that if they do another "fan's choice" poll, they don't premature assume the winner again and already have it in development when it loses... :lol

I actually don't think that's what happened, because I was under the impression that they expected Mara Jade (barf!) to win.

Give me an Exar Kun,Dark luke,Ulic Qel-Droma etc. before any KOTOR figures and especially SBP.(I'd probably think something is up with her to but since i don't care about her i don't complain....i do remember it was a long time ago though)

Darklord Dave said:
Licensed figures are completely different than something Dragon puts out. It really does take this long - when we first see other figures they are well on the way through the production process and it still can take a year to get to us. I can see SSC never doing a fan choice figure again though - if all the thanks they get is complaining.

At this point, complaints should be expected!

As long as you "claim" it takes for one of these figures, this has gone waaaaaaaay past any normal time period! It's also obvious that something has either happened or is going on with this figure but whatever it is, Sideshow ain't telling us... I too wish they would just come clean!

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprized if we "eventually" got word that it was cancelled!?!

:emperor :maul

Did anyone read this part in the latest newsletter, at the beginning about Celebration IV?

"We have a few spectacular new Star Wars product announcements in store..."

Maybe they will announce it then? Along with a new Life-Size Bust and a PF:D

Seth Gecko said:
Give me an Exar Kun,Dark luke,Ulic Qel-Droma etc. before any KOTOR figures and especially SBP.(I'd probably think something is up with her to but since i don't care about her i don't complain....i do remember it was a long time ago though)

Well you don't have to worry about any KOTOR figures from SS any time soon. GG has the Microsoft agreement so we are likely only to get them in bust form for a while. Hopefully GG keeps up with more EU and KOTOR characters though.

Darth Loki said:
Well you don't have to worry about any KOTOR figures from SS any time soon. GG has the Microsoft agreement so we are likely only to get them in bust form for a while. Hopefully GG keeps up with more EU and KOTOR characters though.
I don't think that Microsoft owns the rights to KOTOR, at best it might be split between them and Lucas.

Microsoft doesn't own KOTOR at all, it's 100% owned by Lucasfilm. In fact, Microsoft didn't even publish the games, LucasArts did. So I don't know how that rumor got started, but Microsoft has absolutely no ownership over KOTOR.

Sideshow's "Star Wars" license could indeed include characters from KOTOR.

Lets suppose for example that they had Padme close to being done and could have released her. Lets also assume they have listened to the complaints and have developed new bodies. Maybe they needed to ask if they should rush her out and have an ok figure or wait and make an awesome figure. They obviously can't say this has the new body when both Leias will have the old one, especially if they want the new body to have impact.

Just looking at possibilities.

Poor Sideshow is caught in quite an unusual place this year; it seems to be one where they have to make drastic changes at the cost of a regularly scheduled line up. I bet it'll yield great results though!

I hope Padme come soon. Im kind of hoping that they have a new female body done and both Leias and Padme will debut it.

Back