What do you think of the new style? Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the new style?

• It blows - the old one was much better!

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • The new one is a great improvement - love it!

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • The new one would be better if it just didn't have the left column.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • I don't really care and didn't notice.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I like the new style, but liked the old colors better.

Votes: 17 12.1%

• Total voters
I was firmly in the "it blows" camp until I saw it without the sidebar. I still think the old one was better (and will be using that theme thanks to the new option thingy at the bottom of the page), but the new one is now passable.

I'll bet people using the new theme would appreciate having the top banner link home, like how the old one does.

I like it. I don't love it, but I certainly don't care enough to complain. It's good to freshen things up a bit (hello, Yojoe...).

I think the real question is "Will my ^^^^^ing actually change anything?" With 63% of the vote liking it and 28% of that just wanting one change I don't see it losing out but if there is a last minute serge of "I hate it" will that actually do anything?

I voted I don't care and didn't notice. I like this site because of the members. :lecture :bow

...and because of the owner, although I don't know why because Dave hates Canadians. But I blame that on Shai. :lol

Ahhh shucks......:eek:

PDVD_012.BMP

New style - Old Colors - No left hand column.

Before you vote, use the bottom left 'Default Style' to switch back and forth. To me, the old colors are just so warm and friendly, and the new style is a bit cold. Some may think that's trivial, but I think colors play a huge roll in the 'mood' of a forum. It's the one thing I really dislike about StatueForum. Everyone seems grumpy there, and I seriously think it might have something to do with the cold gray tones used on the board. Here it seems like everyone is more lively... coincidence? I think not :)

Last edited:
voted to ditch the left column.

I don't think the 30+ people that already voted they like the new format would mind if the left column disappeared or was moved.

Also, personally, moving the forum jump (or adding a second jump) to a more convenient location such as to the top would make navigating much easier.

Hi Dave!

i think it is a good improvement but I think the color is a bit green and not as visible as before. My very first impression when I opened the new style and colors was that I could not see it very well, it looked a bit light and not as welcoming. If the headers for each thread was darker it would make a difference. Before it seem to have a distinctive separation between the threads and main titles but now it just look a bit mixed up and not as clear.

In general I like the style. Just the colors and the brightness of the whole thing that I don't think was an improvement....

Hope I could help

Cheers

Bear

To me, the old colors are just so warm and friendly, and the new style is a bit cold. Some may think that's trivial, but I think colors play a huge roll in the 'mood' of a forum. It's the one thing I really dislike about StatueForum. Everyone seems grumpy there, and I seriously think it might have something to do with the cold gray tones used on the board. Here it seems like everyone is more lively... coincidence? I think not :)

Absolutely agree man, colours are everything :D Statueforum seems cold (it even gives me the impression noone posts there :p), onesixth looks good but has that left column, sideshowfreaks is the only that looks good with the old style.

I hated the sidebar, glad to see it's gone. I preferred the previous version but I can get used to this version.

Oh and why was the link behind the banner at the top removed? I always clicked that when I wanted to go back to the main page of the Board, now I have to press the small "Sideshow Freaks" link at the top. :p

I hated the sidebar, glad to see it's gone. I preferred the previous version but I can get used to this version.

Oh and why was the link behind the banner at the top removed? I always clicked that when I wanted to go back to the main page of the Board, now I have to press the small "Sideshow Freaks" link at the top.
:p

Ditto! That link was so convenient.

Back