What do you think of the new BBTS website - structure & terms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the $4 flat shipping charge part of the changed website? that ain't too shabby.

Yep - that's new - but I'd be surprised if that is for EVERY single item - they must have size/weight restrictions (I haven't checked).

The most common complaint here - https://www.facebook.com/BigBadToyS...4610.107929919235829/1706782532683885/?type=3 is one I had - the preorders in your Pile-Of-Loot are shown in date ordered sequence and spread over multiple pages - very user-unfriendly - hope they fix that.

Folks are also not happy about the POL reduction from 180 to 90 days.

The other big complaints are response times (that's probably due to activity following the announcement) and people saying they are not able to view previously shipped orders properly (haven't checked myself).

I don't like it but whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The pile of loot change makes no difference to me. Historically I haven't used that feature because it seems to me that any saving on shipping will be negated by customs fees when my shipment exceeds a certain value - $150 I think. Unless I were buying a single NECA figure per go I reach that limit very quickly especially when shipping costs count towards it as far as Irish customs are concerned. It's never just one figure though, it's usually a wave - and 2 waves added together is enough to get me nailed so I just have them shipped as they come in.

Last edited:
Yep - that's new - but I'd be surprised if that is for EVERY single item - they must have size/weight restrictions (I haven't checked).

The most common complaint here - https://www.facebook.com/BigBadToyS...4610.107929919235829/1706782532683885/?type=3 is one I had - the preorders in your Pile-Of-Loot are shown in date ordered sequence and spread over multiple pages - very user-unfriendly - hope they fix that.

Folks are also not happy about the POL reduction from 180 to 90 days.

The other big complaints are response times (that's probably due to activity following the announcement) and people saying they are not able to view previously shipped orders properly (haven't checked myself).

From their website:

Get ready to party like it's 1999, because $4 Flat rate Shipping is back! That's right, if you buy one item or our entire inventory you will pay the low shipping rate of $4. There is no minimum. No maximum. No product exclusions.

A few examples may help clarify:

3 of the latest Transformers Masterpiece figures shipping to New York City - $4 shipping fee.
1 Funko Pop! figure shipping to Chicago - $4 shipping fee.
1 life size statue of your favorite Hollywood bad guy shipping to Big Spring, Texas - $4 shipping fee.
1,723 Star Wars figures to complete your collection shipping to Los Angeles - $4 shipping fee.

From their website:

Wow - thanks!

Why would they do THAT (which must end up costing them money even though it's only on domestic shipping) - yet drop the POL days limit from 180 days to 90.

That's effectively encouraging USA customers to ship immediately and reducing the amount they will store for international customers.

Maybe they are running out of storage space? :dunno

I was initially excited at BBTS's redesign but overall I'm disappointed thus far.

The old site looked like a relic from the late 1990's/early 2000's but it was more functional and I enjoyed seeing the wide selection of items featured on the front page. You have to click through more tabs and subsections now - I'm sure this will be something I adjust to eventually. The resolution of the pictures seems to have improved too, which I appreciate.

A couple of changes I was displeased with were the following:

1) Pile of Loot's reduction to 90 days - I prefer to defer my shipments as long as possible and also to save on shipping expenses. Not everyone takes advantage of this feature, but I appreciated the fact there was an option before to defer the Pile of Loot for 5-6 months.

2) Order History - my order history must have been completely wiped out when BBTS transitioned to the new site. Only my current open preorders are showing now. I can no longer see my order history from the past several years. Even my recent Pile of Loot shipment that just shipped last week is gone now, so I can't even look up the tracking numbers now.

Can anyone else still see their past Order History?

The attractiveness of the pile of loot goes down for me, now that it's so cheap to just ship whenever something comes in stock. But that change is only a good thing for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

. . . Can anyone else still see their past Order History?

I can't find mine either. Seems to be another common complaint.

Also - when you cancel 1 part of an order where you ordered several items - it now leaves the cancelled item in the ORDERS --> OPEN ORDERS list. It shows "CANCELLED" next to it, but it's annoying and confusing to see items there that are no longer ordered.

Adding a "Wishlist" would have been a good feature to add the new website.

There's a lot of items I'm not 100% positive I want but it'd be nice to have a list I can refer too if I change my mind. I often forget once the front page gets refreshed and bumps the older items off the page.

Back