What do you see when you look at the Amazing Spiderman 2 Costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see...

• A New Costume

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • A copy of the previous trilogy's costume with new eyes and logo

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • A Comic Accurate costume

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters
Just looking at that daily mail link. The front shot with his eyes looks pretty strange, also they have obviously mislabeled a stunt guy as Garfield, so don't be surprised if that old ASM suit pic is from the last movie. And the suit looks like semi shiny silk or satin by the looks of it. And it's not bright red, but darker and a little metallic looking.

I guess we will see. But neither the original trilogy or ASM explained how PP progressed from a very basic costume to such a complex one. I think your better not to become so fixated with that much like how they have went about suit upgrades in Ironman. Do we really want half the movie to be about how the character develops the suit?

Well in ASM they showed him making the mask lens', printing the logo on the back and researching the colours.

Half the movie doesn't have to be about it, just show him in the opening fight with the ASM costum and have it get so damaged he has to toss it and show him designing a new one in a few short scenes with maybe Gwen stitching it for him.

Progression from ASM costume to this wapped up in less than ten minutes

Why do you get so upset. You admitted your not a fan of the character and have stated you probably wouldn't even like the character if you read to comic. So why did you enjoy the original trilogy about a character you probably hate?

I've enjoyed the Spider-Man flicks since I was a kid(when they came out). They mean a lot to me. Seeing the first film in the theater was an incredible experience. A director, who I loved already from watching the Evil Dead films, and Darkman, was doing it. It was just amazing. The third was very very bad. One of the worst. I hated it. I really did.

But, I knew Sam could've picked it back up, and make it better. But he never did. And that left a sour taste in my mouth. And then the insane hate started coming in. It just frustrated me, because a few years before, Spider-Man 2 was always at the top of everyone's favorite list. And now, it's considered "crap".

Always bothered me. Always will.

I've enjoyed the Spider-Man flicks since I was a kid(when they came out). They mean a lot to me. Seeing the first film in the theater was an incredible experience.

this is precisely why they did the origin in ASM. For this generation of kids who go to see their first Spider-Man movie on the big screen.

And then the insane hate started coming in. It just frustrated me, because a few years before, Spider-Man 2 was always at the top of everyone's favorite list. And now, it's considered "crap".

i've never seen any Hate for the original two Spider-Man movies. SM2 is still one of the best superhero movies ever made.

You can't even type like a man. But regardless....the comics used Raimi's suit? So Raimi created something the comics took? So essentially, he created something?

Holy Jesus christ.

And you act like I care that I don't know about Spider-Man. I don't. And I won't. I have no interest. From what I hear, i'd probably hate the character anyway.

Alright then shut up and stop crying like a baby.:lol. If you dont know a damn thing then why complain about it. Why the **** are you whining about the origin if you dont know how the character is done. lol Makes no sense. Your only hear becuase you love raimi. Nobody is bashing the original. To this day Spidey 2 is the best. So I dont know where your getting the whole bashing of the original series.

Went with the third option. First impression immediately was "well that looks more like the comics". All 3 options are valid though:

1) It *is* a new costume

2) The Toby costume was a lot more comics-accurate then the ASM suit. However, I think the blue on the Toby suit was waaaay too dark.

3) It's definitely a push toward the classic look of the books.

All of this has the potential to be thrown out the window after the full reveal though. One thing's for certain though: piss-stained eyes are gone! :yess:

I voted comic Spidey, love the eyes, which I think look way more iconic. This suit should be enough to make lifeless ****s who think they're "cutting edge" fans cry, just cause they want a Bayformer version of Spiderman :lol
Now, add in JJ and give him a decent villain and lets get this series in gear.

If by "haters" you mean children who buy toys and lunchboxes, then I agree with you.

There's a reason why Spidey's core costume design hasn't changed much in 50 years.

503b095cafa96f6c00000389.gif

Love Garfield in the suit. He looks spindly and gangly. Long neck, no chest, too skinny. Perfect teenage Spidey.

Not sure who the hell that is on the right though, not Garfield thats for sure. Unless he's been on steroids.

Back