What Do You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a professional musician. I play trumpet, I'm best at classical, and worst at improvisation.

^^^^^

Cool! I used to be first chair trumpet, but I have since lost my lip. :(

Thanks Jen- he is gorgeous. And really sweet. Do you see that he's nibbling on my ear? LOL He's really gentle.

And yes, Mag- my job is hot and sweaty work...

Nice! If he ever needs a break on the nibbling, let me know. :naughty

As I mentioned in the Introductions post, I've just opened my own retail and online collectibles store. Great to be my own boss and nothing like a job where you spend the day talking statues, comic books and movies all day.

I do pest/weed/grass control at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Basically I strap a 4-gallon tank on my back and walk 3-6 miles a day in anywhere from 30 to 105-degree weather. When I'm not doing that, I do landscaping and general labor. I get to spend all my time outside and, for the most part, by myself, so it's just wonderful.

Oh, yeah. I'd be lost without my iPod. I download like 2-3 shows of Coast to Coast AM (it's a late night radio show with all sorts of topics, like UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, etc.), so I'm entertained all day.

:hi5: Awesome!

Recommended podcasts:

- This American Life
- Stuff You Should Know
- Hamish and Andy
- Stuff They Don't Want You To Know (Sounds like you'll like that one)
- The Moth

I'll look into those, thanks. Honestly Coast to Coast is really the only talk show or podcast I've listened to so far, I'm just now catching up on the podcast technology, haha. My only problem with talk shows/whatever is sometimes if someone isn't concise and to the point, I shut it off because it just gets on my nerves. I don't listen to the open lines Coast shows because half the callers just can not tell their stories in a quick manner or without half the words being "like", "um", or "you know". :lol

Oh, yeah. I'd be lost without my iPod. I download like 2-3 shows of Coast to Coast AM (it's a late night radio show with all sorts of topics, like UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, etc.), so I'm entertained all day.

I'll look into those, thanks. Honestly Coast to Coast is really the only talk show or podcast I've listened to so far, I'm just now catching up on the podcast technology, haha. My only problem with talk shows/whatever is sometimes if someone isn't concise and to the point, I shut it off because it just gets on my nerves. I don't listen to the open lines Coast shows because half the callers just can not tell their stories in a quick manner or without half the words being "like", "um", or "you know". :lol

HAHAHAHA! I love Coast to Coast! Some of the knuckleheads that call in to that show really test George's ability to lend credibility to a great many of the subjects he covers. Those guys you talk about sound like they are making up their stories as they are going.

I particularly dig on the Bigfoot shows.

They're either making their stories up or they're just really stupid. George, bless him, is infinitely more patient than I could ever be with those people. I like that he never really gives his personal opinion on most subjects, he just lets people tell their stories and say what they want to say. He's a fantastic interviewer, too.

My personal favorite shows are the ones that deal with the paranormal (ghosts, etc.), Bigfoot and cryptozoology, and ancient civilizations, like when Michael Cremo comes on and talks about all the evidence of humans being here far, far longer than science leads us to believe. Not saying I believe all this stuff (though I wholeheartedly believe in ghosts due to personal experiences), but I like the idea that the world and reality is bigger and more fantastical than we realize. I guess it just makes mundane life more exciting.

My personal favorite shows are the ones that deal with the paranormal (ghosts, etc.), Bigfoot and cryptozoology, and ancient civilizations, like when Michael Cremo comes on and talks about all the evidence of humans being here far, far longer than science leads us to believe. Not saying I believe all this stuff (though I wholeheartedly believe in ghosts due to personal experiences), but I like the idea that the world and reality is bigger and more fantastical than we realize. I guess it just makes mundane life more exciting.

MonsterQuest FTW! :rock

Back