What Do You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What do you do?

mwaha Big Al you are a Brave Man :toast for coming out with that info. I dont hold it against you don't make the rules you just inforce them. So do you see much SS coming threw. I would be very curious to hear how many piece do get sent.

My job mostly consists of putting stuff in boxes and taping them shut.

My job mostly consists of putting stuff in boxes and taping them shut.
:mwaha Nice one! :lol

Al, did you put the flower pot in the big Cave Troll box then? Admit it! :b I imagine working for customs to be an interesting job. Don't you find all the hidden things in suitcases and get to search people?

Anyway, I am actually a researcher and copywriter. Unfortunately, this is a 60 hours/week job on average but I loved it. I had to give it up when I had family and kids. So, after my divorce 10 years ago I took on a planning and administrative job with the University and also some teaching.
I'm pretty much independent, especially where my working hours are concerned, and the job gets me to meet interesting people from all over the world. Hehe, just like on this forum. :)

Jobs

Wow! That's quite a cross section of careers!

Creecher...

I enjoy music and play basic self taught, bass, guitar, mandolin, drums and harmonica.

What! No Tubular Bells???!! :lol

Re: Jobs

My main occupation is being a student, I'm at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, doing a bachelor in Information Technology and a master in Finance.

Next to that, I have a job as a financial consultant at a bank for 2 days a week and a job as assistent manager at a supermarket of 2 days a week. Gotta pay for those statues some way right?

Re: Jobs

Great thread indeed! Although some of it has already been seen in the "who are you?" postings, it is wonderful to see such a strange combination of careers.

I do several things, mainly because I enjoy them all and I have never been able to choose...
My main income consists of working as a freelance commmunications trainer / business coach / company presentor. It pays for the polystone :b
Next to that, I do some freelance IT consultancy and webdesign.
And next to that, I do security work where I work as a Close Protection officer, looking after celebrities.

Musiclovingdj: a friend of mine manages a nightclub in the UK. He might be interested in a Canadian DJ.

JohnyBoo: Next time I'm in the States I'd like to see what the Missouri policework is like.

I am a nurse working in an Emergency department, where I work my ass off, fight with hospital staff to move patients, and get abused by these very same patients!!

Great Job :bang (I do a lot of this in my job...)

Scriff

Good thinking on this thread.

I am a Civil Engineering Technologist...I have many interactions with people who do the same work as VTX.

HI,

I'm a eletronic engineer in a American Company (this helps in my English, i hope:rolleyes ) and provide Techinical support for communication systems in whole Latin America.

In my free time I practice Kenjutsu that is similar to kendo (Japanese sword fighting). :lvader

:wave

I'm an ebayer that sells strcitly in Weta stuff, these geeks pay 10 times the value. Me and My cat Mr. Bigglesworth just sit back and watch the cash roll in ~ Whats that Mr Bigglesworth...the market is doing what...oh crap

;) couldn't resist

OK I do so damn much, but I amek the most of money doing plumbing & heating work, all residentual & repair...so pretty much when wtare is comming thru your cieling @ 330 am and your kitchen floor just floated 2 blocks down the raod I get a phone call....

It's my families trade work I have been doing it since I was hold enough to drag a wrench and it's great. @ the begining of the year I was laid off, the shop was selling off to a Big Co that brings in it's own ppl and so I ventured out on my own and have stayed pretty busy but this is a slow time of the year for me, so I find myself considering school ( college ) and different things

I attend many ren fests as you guys now , but we occasionally get paying gigs just to dress as pirates and have fun :p I have also worked as bouncer @ many of clubs in altimore & DC and been a stage hand ( roadie) with a few bands on the East Coast

My Full Time posistion tho as my lady likes to call me is her " domestic engineer" lol :help

Hi Peter,

Next time you are in Missouri let me know. I will arrange a ride along. We do it all the time. Last time the ride along got involved in a pursuit and had the ride of their life. :eek

What a great topic! :mwaha

Well, I am a father of two, step father to two more, and have 2 grandsons. On my 2nd marriage, which is MUCH better than the first.

For my career, have had many jobs, from managing Wherehouse Record stores in the 70's, to what I do now (for the past 20 years)..Director of Operations. (That is overseeing all computer and telecommunications operations).

I have been in Colorado for 2 1/2 years now.

And much like what BigDaddy stated....selling SS on EBAY for tons of cash!

BigHose:hat

I am a Zoning Administrator for the 9th fastest growing county in the nation. I live just outside of Raleigh, NC. My job consists are reviewing and recommending land uses throughout the county to insure go harmony. However I report to several political and appointed board so often what I think and say are not as important as winning votes for the next election. Honestly I do not like my job, it pays well, but not well for my education and experience level. I have a two bachelors one in urban planning and one in statistics, and most recently as of 2003 an MBA.

I do however like my working environment very much, which means the people I work with make my job worth it. I am always on the lookout for a new position, and my next job will be a complete career change i know that for sure.

? Is this before or after joining the board?

Pre-board: systems administrator...network consultant...whatever you want to call it...my title is 'Consultant'

Post-board: Typing messages, listening for people coming towards my cube, searching for deals, scouring Ebay. All the non-productive stuff I need to curb. :b

Former U.S. Air Force officer (ICBM combat crew commander), I'm now a communications and special projects officer in fund-raising at the University of Utah by day and an actor by night.

Just finished an extended run at three separate Salt Lake area venues as the arch-villain Chauvelin in the musical production, THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL (I send people to their deaths by guillotine during 'The Great Terror' of the French Revolution, 1794) -- hence my user name. :wave

And there are a few heads in China that I'd send rolling, too, if I could! (kidding ... well, no). :b

I am an Executive Administrator and HR Manager to the CEO of a software firm in Dallas, Texas.

That basically means I run the company while he makes all the money. :lol

Very interesting what people do for a living. I would like to know how many of you had to change your careers to afford polystone!!:mwaha

Back