What do people think of sixth scale collectors and action figure collectors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Geeks and collectors and friends.

My answers below.

What do friends and family think of you collecting sixth scale figures? what are there reactions when they found out you collect sixth scale figures?
My family is not really interested into it, but I think they prefer that I spend my money on this than on some other, perhaps more destructive addictions. Actually I only have (2) 1/6 scale figures (Hot Toys), and a lot of 7" (NECA, Mattel), 5" (McFarlane), and 3.5"(Marvel Universe).

How do you tell a potential girl friend or boyfriend that you are in this hobby. Is it a dealbreaker? What do your partners think of your collection?
Funny, but one of the first topics I brought on my first date with my now wife, was about my passion for Sci-Fi and collectibles. She seemed interested at that time, and she still supports my passion about it. She goes with me to the conventions, to the figures stores, to watch sci-fi movies, and once she even went with me to a nearby lake where we live to take pictures of my Hot Toys Predator :D. I can tell that I'm very blessed for having found her, for these and a lots other things. My wife's family founds funny and interesting that I collect action-figures.

Do you think you will be collecting for years to come?
I will keep this hobby, not sure if increasing or decreasing, but I expect to acquire some new figures. Or at least as the vendors continue to produce excellent figures as they currently are. As an example, I had never liked that much the apes (animals themselves). After I saw NECA's Caesar, and watched the latest Planet of Apes movie, I felt in loved with the character and I just ran to buy it. Same happened with The Walking Dead McFarlane figures after I saw Michonne.

Has this hobby grown over years? Is it going to become more mainstream?
I think it has grown over the latest years, and that is a good thing for us. 10 years or so ago, more people would consider us losers for doing this. Now, it is very cool that someone collects action figures.
I think it is a great hobby that can provide us, adults, with the opportunity to enjoy and have fun with little things (not so free or cheap unfortunately) that can bring us amusement and joy as a lot of things did when we were child. Unfortunately lots of adults have lost now a days they capacity for being amazed as a kids.

Of course as any potential addiction everything must be balanced, regarding time and resources we spend on this.

Congrats to all you guys for enjoying and collection action-figures!!! :D.

10151920_10152490925769145_8534941408532804593_n.jpg

Just got this display for my figures, got one more display case a glass one that holds about 20 figures, after that I'll be out of room, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop collecting, LOL, I'll figure something out. Got a bunch of pre-orders out right now too probably about 10 maybe or more.

Attachments

• 20240320_121633.jpg
    20240320_121633.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Just got this display for my figures, got one more display case a glass one that holds about 20 figures, after that I'll be out of room, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop collecting, LOL, I'll figure something out. Got a bunch of pre-orders out right now too probably about 10 maybe or more.
iklax are painful to dust.

Back