What are you wearing to the Dark Knight movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I wouldn't go that far myself, I think it'd be pretty amusing to see people dressed as Joker and Two Face. I always thought it was great to see all those Star Wars fans dressed up when we went to see SW movies. Made the film seem even more special.

I'm seeing it tonight in IMAX, and I'm going to be wearing a Joker shirt I got from Hot Topic.

I have a Batman shirt with the 60's logo on it that I got from Target. But I can't decide if I really want to display how geeky I truly am by wearing it tonight.

Also, is it like a concert where you have to wear a different band than the one you're going to see? If so, I should really wear my Green Lantern shirt. :google :lol

Do people actually get dressed up to watch at movie???

I thought only Star Wars geeks did that?

According to the manager at my theater there were 2000 people for the TDK showings last night and about 18 people dressed up completely. So the numbers are much less compared to Star Wars outings. There were about 5 Ledger Jokers (surprisingly well done I'd have to say), One comic book Two Face with face paints to the nines, One female Poison Ivy comic book, One male Poison Ivy Uma version, One Cassie Batgirl with full mask, One classic Black/Grey Batman, One Robin, One Scarecrow complete with straw coming out and large hat, Two classic Jokers, Two Supermen and 2 Harley Quinns.

This theater though in Walnut Creek is notorious for that stuff. For the last Harry Potter there were about 40 Wizards for the midnight showing.

Im seriously wearing a superman shirt.

I saw a few of those, even some homemade Batman shirts that were the Bat symbol made out of construction paper, ducktape, felt, just pinned to the shirt. There were about 20 people with the kids capes on, at least one with the full kids costuming and one Iron Man kids costuming there.

I wore what I did to Begins. My Custom Jim Lee Batman shirt.

IMG_8694Small.jpg

IMG_8692Small.jpg

Leaps and Bounds over the official Jim Lee crap but out.

Here is a shot of the front of my 86 Frank Miller shirt I wore Thursday night...

FMDKTshirt1.jpg

Still in good shape! Only worn it six times now....
First showings only, of a Batman movie. I want to retire it, but may wait.
Just a FYI, I bought this shirt in Savannah Georgia at a now non-existant comics shop run by an old Vietnam vet named Chuck. When I bought this shirt, in 1986, I remember he said "Put it on!" and I said, "No, I wanna wait til there's a Batman movie." and he said, "You'll be waiting a long time for that!" At the time, there was no hint of a movie to come...
Then Chuck died of cancer about a year later. The shop closed.
Then, in 1989...my tradition began.
So, here's to six times worn, it's still around Chuck! And so is your memory!

Here's to you old fella! :duff

Maybe I wait til Nolan finishes his set...
That's what I wore.

Here is a shot of the front of my 86 Frank Miller shirt I wore Thursday night...

FMDKTshirt1.jpg

Still in good shape! Only worn it six times now....
First showings only, of a Batman movie. I want to retire it, but may wait.
Just a FYI, I bought this shirt in Savannah Georgia at a now non-existant comics shop run by an old Vietnam vet named Chuck. When I bought this shirt, in 1986, I remember he said "Put it on!" and I said, "No, I wanna wait til there's a Batman movie." and he said, "You'll be waiting a long time for that!" At the time, there was no hint of a movie to come...
Then Chuck died of cancer about a year later. The shop closed.
Then, in 1989...my tradition began.
So, here's to six times worn, it's still around Chuck! And so is your memory!

Here's to you old fella! :duff

Maybe I wait til Nolan finishes his set...
That's what I wore.
I am surprised your shirt didn't burn itself in protest of you wearing it to Batman and Robin.:lol:lol:lol

I was surprised....there were a lot of Joker shirts, but not ONE person wore the same one I did..

update16_tdkjoker.jpg

Minus the logos, and name credits a-course!

I didn't end up wearing one of my Batman shirt which I stated, I wore one of my Xtreme Couture shirt instead. I ended up going by myself, I went to the 7pm show and left my 2 years old son home because he didn't sleep all day.

I'm going with Batty :naughty

:joy

I didn't mind until I found out you had cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn container. :monkey4

FMDKTshirt1.jpg

Nice story, Les. I have that exact shirt. Mine has only been worn a few times too. It's still in pretty good condition.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

"HEY?!?!?! Who put this hot dog in tha popcorn? Wait a minute.....THATS NO HOT DOG :horror !!!!!"

:lol

This is such a great movie!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ARvdUBkNoDU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ARvdUBkNoDU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back