What are you Watching?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a few things this weekend...

Juno - Well worth the watch. A few teary eyed moments and lots of funny moments.
The Orphanage - Not a typical horror movie (at least when it comes to the final direction of the film) which quite surprised me. A good watch.
I am Legend - So underwhelmed by this film. I just didn't care for this third adaptation of the source material
Sweeney Todd - About my 5th time seeing it and still love most of it.

Awesome movie--- I really enjoyed it. Costner's best performance in a loooooooooooooong time. I could almost tolerate Dane Cook. William Hurt, as always, is absolute gold. And while Demi Moore's part almost seems like she's in a totally different movie---and her acting ability or lack thereof is showcased to the extreme (although looking at her on the screen works in place of believing her performance :monkey5)-- she does an OK job and I'd really be interested in a possible sequel.

poster1.jpg

I was tricked into watching/reviewing several "family friendly" films made by some family company...

I am currently wathching (in chunks).

NO MORE BATHS

NoMoreBathsDVD.jpg

The film blows.

Currently, I'm watching Naruto DVD box 7. I'm all about anime and Naruto has a compelling story and an ecclectic mix of memorable characters. It's definitely worth checking out.

I just watched Perfect Creature tivo'd from HBO. Dougray Scott and Saffron Burrows in an alternate future/past where vampires are like Catholic priests. It's got an interesting look, but didn't make a lot of sense. Reminded me of Equilibrium, although with less action.

In the theater I saw War, Inc. the kind of sequel to Gross Pointe Blank about a hitman putting on a USA trade show in a ficticious war torn middle eastern country. Hillary Duff plays a Turkish Brittany Spears. Interesting film although the politics on it's sleeve were a bit heavy handed.

Just finished watching Gone Baby Gone because of good word of mouth. I'm not really a fan of things Affleck, but damned if Casey Affleck can't act circles around his brother and Ben was smart enough to capture it. I wasn't as enamored of Mystic River as a lot of people were, but this is really something. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a whodunnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back