What are they worth??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCM81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright people - expert opinions are needed.

I'm trying to reduce my collection to nothing but comic related stuff - mainly Hot Toys, so "comic movies" count too ;-)
I'm considering parting ways with the DX01 Joker and Leonidas from 300. Both are of course in perfect condition (always in the Detolf) have all accessories and the original box (also in perfect condition). The DX01 also has an extra TrueType from Hot Toys for the police man outfit.

I ask because on eBay I see everything from $250 to ridiculous prices over $1000. I'm also a bit scared because when I sold my John Connor V1 and Marcus Wright I only got around $150 each which wasn't exactly enough to finance a new figure :-(

So what do the experts say? What are these guys worth? Or what would be an acceptable trade?

Aren't those two figures "comic related" stuff?

Anyway, put a reserve on them or start the auction a price you are comfortable with.

Ebay > Completed Listings

Green means it sold for that much.

Just checked Leonidas... you can get around 380-430 for him... depending on how quickly you want to sell it.

Don't look at the starting bids or BINs to determine the value of a figure, look at the completed auctions. Also, if you're in Germany, Europeans tend to pay more for their figures. You could also check the commerce section on this board. I don't know about DX01, but Leo is in the $300-$400 + shipping range based on sales I've looked at here. $300 is definitely the lower end, while you'll be lucky I think to get too much more than $400 from a US buyer.

I just do 30 day BIN listings.

Leonidas at $300 will sell very quickly... I'd put it at least $350 (even then it won't last long I'd say).

Sometimes a low starting price draws a lot of interest and sets up a bidding war that drives the price up. Other times a low starting bid just sits there the entire time and some lucky punter walks away with a steal.

I ask because on eBay I see everything from $250 to ridiculous prices over $1000.

Look at what they're being sold for, not what people are asking for.

Value is determined when two parties agree on a price. Not before.

I sold my king leo on here in about an hour at 350 in december, so yeah his going to be an easy sale I would imagine!

Back