What are the Hot Toys/Medicom/Sideshow Holy Grails?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Items that are already out/announced,

Hot Toys:power Loader with Ripley

Medicom:Either of the Fetts

SSC 12":You must be joking!!!

SSC PF:General Grievous

Items I'd like to see,

Hot Toys:1/6 Star Wars figures,Alien Queen,Predator 1 Predator,Dutch & Sgt Blain,POTC Davy Jones,Captain Barbossa,Will Turner & Elizabeth Swann.

Medicom:ANH Han Solo,Darth Maul,ANH & Bespin Luke Skywalker,ROTJ Boba Fett,AOTC Boba Fett,ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi,ANH Princess Leia,Greedo & Tusken Raider.

SSC 12":Nothing whatsoever unless they get new base bodies,improve the tailoring of the outfits to Medicom or Hot Toys type quality,stop the Bobble Heads and hire better production painters that won't butcher the often excellent sculpts to the extent that the current ones do.

SSC PF:Chewbacca with real fur.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
While he does fetch a decent return for UM Medi series, I've seen Shin sell for around $250 and as low as $200 at times which is why I didn't include him since I felt he's pretty affordable and not hard to get.

Riderman will go down if they do issue a DX 2.0 This goes for V3 as well. Of course it's only a matter of time, now that they've shown 2.0 of New #1 and New #2

You have? Pls highlight to me when you see one cos I'm interested!:cool:

The real Rider grail was the Old Rider 2 but the price plumetted drastically due to the V.2.

Again, pls infrom me when you see Hayata going for that price. I need him to pose with my B type. He's MY "Holy Grail"!:cool:

Scarlet said:
You have? Pls highlight to me when you see one cos I'm interested!:cool:

The real Rider grail was the Old Rider 2 but the price plumetted drastically due to the V.2.

Again, pls infrom me when you see Hayata going for that price. I need him to pose with my B type. He's MY "Holy Grail"!:cool:

Old Rider #2 DX or classic?? Neither of the 1st version of those 2 have ever touched The Orig WF 98 SHOCKER Rider #1 in terms of value. At it's peak it was going for 130,000yen (Over 10 Bills) and was a show exclusive, not a mail away.

I'll let you know on Hayata when I see him.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Old Rider #2 DX or classic?? Neither of the 1st version of those 2 have ever touched The Orig WF 98 SHOCKER Rider #1 in terms of value. At it's peak it was going for 130,000yen (Over 10 Bills) and was a show exclusive, not a mail away.

I'll let you know on Hayata when I see him.

Yeah I've seen the old Shocker No.1(Yellow Scarf) going for insane prices on YJ.
DX Old Rider 2(along with New 2/Shocker DX) was the reason why I decided to stop collecting Medi Riders cos I know I wasnt gonna afford it(around US600-US$700) at the time.

Man, inform me on the Shin Hayata, I'll take him loose too.:D

Scarlet said:
Yeah I've seen the old Shocker No.1(Yellow Scarf) going for insane prices on YJ.
DX Old Rider 2(along with New 2/Shocker DX) was the reason why I decided to stop collecting Medi Riders cos I know I wasnt gonna afford it(around US600-US$700) at the time.

Man, inform me on the Shin Hayata, I'll take him loose too.:D

Just buy them when they're released. They dont go for that much in the beginning, only when the supply dries up.

True, but back then, there werent many places you could get them and in SG, only 2-3 places carried them, with limited qty and being not really cheap initially anyways, the odds of me getting one is pretty damn slim.

Anyways, medicom RAHs only got easily accesible about 2 years ago. Before that, it was inflated prices before they even got rare.
I'll grab a loose Hayata for $200 with both hands.

Here's my choices finally:

HOT TOYS: It's a toss up between Hicks and Superman. If I judged it on rarity I'd say Hicks, but the Superman figure is really one of their crowning jewels and really started getting them a lot of attention.

MEDICOM: Comic Spider-man (Red & Blue)

SIDESHOW 12'': None

SIDESHOW STATUE: Doom

HT: Superman
MediCom: "Zombie" Snake
SSC: Jason F13 p. 3
SSC PF: Doom

Scarlet said:
True, but back then, there werent many places you could get them and in SG, only 2-3 places carried them, with limited qty and being not really cheap initially anyways, the odds of me getting one is pretty damn slim.

Anyways, medicom RAHs only got easily accesible about 2 years ago. Before that, it was inflated prices before they even got rare.
I'll grab a loose Hayata for $200 with both hands.

I guess in SG it's the case but in Japan, they were readily availalble for awhile. Glad to hear that the situation has gotten better in SG now tho.

Yeah it only started to get "easier" after Riderman and Imit Ultraman.

After that, I more or less got the mailaways like B type, 7 Imit, Dan, Shocker Soldier, Amazon etc. But sold off most of them. Too many to keep up.

I'm only left with Dan and B Type. Just need Hayata for the Henshin set up.

I've a friend that spent US$500-US$800 each on Old Rider 2, Hayata, Riderman, New Rider 2/Shocker, Ultra Imit, .Zoffy and Sakurajima.

Insane I told him but he said he's afraid their prices would go higher and he wont be able to get them then:confused:
When he get the figures, he stores them somewhere in a box. :confused: He doesnt even display them in their packaging!!

Asked whether if he'll ever display them and what he'll do with them IF the price went higher, he said no he wont and he'll NEVER sell them .

I think seeing the price for some of those Mailaways, he might be changing or have changed his mind.
Only Zoffy and Hayata is regarded as "worth it" IMO as I doubt they'll do a Ver 2.0 anytime soon. Riderman's value will plummet within the next year or so cos V3's next on the list and we know who's after that.

p!tu said:
Is Zombie Snake really limited to 500pcs?????

He was advertised as such initially, if memory serves. He's readily available, though, for a figure that limited.

My holy grails are the 1/6 Manji from Blade of the Immortal and the Alfrex Zatoichi. I believe the same company that made the Manji made Ogami Itto and Daigoro and Yagyu Retsudo. Those 4 would be my grails.

Hicks is rare? I have one unboxed that I don't even want anymore. I think I still have his gear on him, too...

Snakes.jpg

Yeah... that is one Hell of a sick pose you've got going there. I remember when I was in Japan... I saw this on a shelf and didn't buy it. I told myself I would track one down later. BIG mistake. Still regret it.

Back