What are the best sites to pre-order????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been searching for the best websites to pre-order up-coming collectibles from Hot Toys and Sideshow. If anyone can pinpoint the best sites where the figures are less expensive, I would appreciate it! Thanks! :lecture

you can actually pre-order stuff on ebay. i just got a great deal on a new type of iphone that isn't on the market yet. just clicked the BIN for $5k. free shipping from nigeria too. the guy even takes cash through the mail. can't wait until it shows up.

If we knew where you were from that might help us help you..
Definitely. There are several places many here preorder from and they all preorder from certain places for different reasons. Some want them as quickly as possible. Other don't want cancellation fees. Still other don't want to get taxed, etc. etc.. Or a combination of a bunch of factors. Do what EndlessRain suggests.

What's with some of these strange posts? Here's the answer you're looking for, if you're from the States, these are the ones you want to look at:

Alter Ego Comics
Big Bad Toy Store
Toys2
Viking Playground
Urban Collector
Secret Compass
Go Hastings

There's a few more out there, but you should check each one for the particular item you want to get because they tend to differ in price depending on which figure you're looking at. So Alter Ego may have the best deal for a particular figure but Big Bad Toys may have a better deal on a different one. Alter Ego has a cancellation fee, where as Big Bad does not. If I'm not mistaken, Toys2 get the Asian release so they come out earlier but you're pretty much paying slightly more for the import fees. Go Hastings always have the best deal during sales but their releases are slower, which also makes their stuff a little rarer once they're sold out else where. That's pretty much all you need to know to get started!

Last edited:
The only place I us anymore is BigBadToyStore... There great they have no cancel fee and they dont charge you a cent until your order ships...

you can actually pre-order stuff on ebay. i just got a great deal on a new type of iphone that isn't on the market yet. just clicked the BIN for $5k. free shipping from nigeria too. the guy even takes cash through the mail. can't wait until it shows up.

Ooo, do they have any iPads?

BBTS is always a safe bet. I've never had any issue with them. And if you don't mind waiting until after a figure has been released, gohastings is the way to go (how it arrives is always a crap-shoot thought).

That sounds a little fishy actually... Pre-ordering on Ebay when they only have a 25 day protection program, item is coming from Nigeria, and paying cash through the mail for a pre-order... not something I would do personally, I'd do a little more research on that one.

That sounds a little fishy actually... Pre-ordering on Ebay when they only have a 25 day protection program, item is coming from Nigeria, and paying cash through the mail for a pre-order... not something I would do personally, I'd do a little more research on that one.

I think he was being sarcastic ;)

Anyway, I usually just Google the item I want and find the lowest price via Google Shopper. Works like a charm!

I have found that Alter Ego Comics usually has better deals, plus I just won a contest off them and I feel morally obligated to mention their name whenever I can. Alter Ego Comics!!!!!
Nick

I think he was being sarcastic ;)

Anyway, I usually just Google the item I want and find the lowest price via Google Shopper. Works like a charm!

I have found that Alter Ego Comics usually has better deals, plus I just won a contest off them and I feel morally obligated to mention their name whenever I can. Alter Ego Comics!!!!!
Nick

Ya I thought that has to be a joke, til someone asked about an Ipad and I was like, dude this can't be for real:horror

I got an email from Alterego and it has your name on it. Nick M. from Indianapolis IN, grats on winning the contest. :lol

well, he sent me an email explaining that he's a prestigious member of a nigerian royal family, so it's probably legit. he wouldn't have asked for my social security number, otherwise.

Batty, i don't know if i can tell you about any iPad offers, his email title said "CONFIDENTIAL".

well, he sent me an email explaining that he's a prestigious member of a nigerian royal family, so it's probably legit. he wouldn't have asked for my social security number, otherwise.

Batty, i don't know if i can tell you about any iPad offers, his email title said "CONFIDENTIAL".

You are too funny! I cracked up reading your posts. LOL

I have good experience with Secret Compas and they're nice as well.

Back