What are John Howe, Richard Taylor and Brigitte doing in the Weta sculpting room ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This line holds no interest for me for the simple reason (in my mind :eek:) that they are Mr Howe's imaginings of how a particular character looks and they don't match mine. They are great images and make beautiful additions to the books in which they feature, but as sculptures they just seem a personal indulgence being marketed to a select few, though nothing wrong with that I might add.

The movie based stuff is easier to accept as they don't clash with how you imagine a character when reading the original stories as they are part of the 'movie story' experience, if you follow. So I don't ever see me buying into someone else's imagining of the books characters as they would never seem right or look stupid if they did (i.e a figure of Gandalf with bristling eyebrows that extend beyond the rim of his hat seems O.K in imagination, but in 3D? Not sure) and I don't see the Trilogy being remade in a hurry :duff

O'well, was worth a try :wacky

On the subject of cost, what exactly would they call White Metal, is that the same as the helms or is that something different again.

White metal : Any of various whitish alloys, such as pewter or silver that contain high percentages of tin or lead.

I'm guessing they are referring to pewter.

ahh, so basically silver in colour and 'unpainted'. In effect, what do you get the LOTR fan with plenty of money and that has everything, a John Howe designed statue.

ahh, so basically silver in colour and 'unpainted'. In effect, what do you get the LOTR fan with plenty of money and that has everything, a John Howe designed statue.

Yup, I think that pretty well sums it up. :lecture

I'm not sure whether choosing a white metal would jive well with current LOTR collectibles. If I did get one, it would certainly stand out for the obvious color difference. All my other LOTR collectibles have that dark shade to it. Bronze would blend in better, even though I'm assuming the white metal would be cheaper.

I'm not sure whether choosing a white metal would jive well with current LOTR collectibles. If I did get one, it would certainly stand out for the obvious color difference. All my other LOTR collectibles have that dark shade to it. Bronze would blend in better, even though I'm assuming the white metal would be cheaper.

White metal isn't the color it refers to the type. :lecture

LINK

johnhowebrandhero.jpg

https://www.wetanz.com/john-howe/

:Wizard

ohhhh. my. gawwwwd!
If it's nearly as good in person as the pics, my poor credit card will auto-combust in my wallet.

Back