What 1/6 Figure(s) would you NEVER Buy?...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few months back I made the decision to focus my collection solely on the OT. The one and only exception I'm making is a small "Duel of the Fates" setup with Sideshow Maul, Qui-Gon, and eventually TPM Obi-Wan. That sequence was the best duel of the PT and really the only memorable moment for me. So, given that, I won't be buying any PT figures beyond TPM Obi-Wan.

As for the OT, it will be on a figure-by-figure basis, factoring in character design, importance, and figure quality. All of the core characters are a must, as well as most of the military. I really can't see myself buying a Bespin security guard or a Cloud Car pilot, or any Ewok beyond Wicket (I have the Medicom version pre-ordered), but most other characters are fair game.

My list of 1/6 figures I absolutely will not buy:

Ewoks
Gungans
Podracers
Most EU Characters (except for KOTOR, some Clone Wars and Republic Commando)
Any "Military" character who's not essential and doesn't wear armor (i.e, that doesn't include Tarkin... he's essential)
Background "denizens" of the galaxy that are human and not cool-looking aliens
Boring Senators (basically anyone aside from Palpatine, Padme and Organa)
Naboo folk
Little Annie

What I WILL buy:

1 each of the core characters (with a few exceptions, like Obi-Wan... I'd buy any incarnation of him)
1 each of the main ANH characters in their iconic attire (well on my way here)
Jedi
Sith
Troopers
Droids (except for the Trade Federation types)
Cantina/Jabba's Palace Aliens
Neiomodians (Nute Gunray and Rune Haako anyway)
Creatures (ie, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Wampa, Kaminoans, Ugnaughts, Utapau, etc)

I'm with this.... with the exception of the Jedi. I'm kind of done with them except YODA.

Anything with exposed, obvious joints. :eek:

I know. It's an action figure. But I like to live in denial. Leia was about my limit. (I will have no hobbits in my collection because of this. Not that we're talking about LOTR here...)

Other than that, it's fair game. As long as it has a good sculpt and well-tailored clothing, you can count me in.

Jabba's Palace or Cantina aliens besides Greedo

Podracer pilots

Imperial officers besides Praji and Tarkin

Almost any kind of clone or imperial trooper

Jar Jar and the gungans

There are probably lots more, but these are the main grouping I can think of that I know I totally wouldn't care about. I'm pretty picky about what I want in this line.

You'd take Praji... but not Piett or Veers?

Yeah--I know, weird. But when my sister and I were kids we used to have a whole EU of our own, and Praji was a major character, so my sister insists that I get him for her--she couldn't care less about the others but I have to get him so she can put him on her shelf. Funny how that works. :lol I don't care about Imperials really, but Tarkin is, I admit, a must have. I really care nothing for the others.

Now Alliance characters, that's what I want. Fleet Troopers and Captain Antilles please!

For me... NO Jar Jar, no Gungans at all. Or Neimodians. Pit Droids, I didn't buy Bib Fortuna... even though I DID have Jabba. :lol

No Ewoks either, Shmi, not really interested in minor alien characters either except for Greedo or Tusken Raiders.. and maybe not them either.

For me it is all about the main characters and some of the troops. That's all I want. :rock

Im over most the PT figures. There are not to many more I would buy. There are so many cool figures from the OT they could make.

And I would love an ewok. Ewoks rule.

Why the hatin' on Bib... he's actually a beautifully sculpted figure. I figured Josh'd have one at least he could say he repainted one.

Why the hatin' on Bib... he's actually a beautifully sculpted figure. I figured Josh'd have one at least he could say he repainted one.

I ALMOST did! Just to repaint it. :lol

Just had to cancel so I never got my shot. :monkey2

Same with Kit, I've always wanted one... just never got around to it. Had to cancel when it shipped due to lack of funds.

Fortunately for most here, I doubt we'll ever see a Jar-Jar or an Ewok as it would require a whole new body design or a severely modified one, and that's one thing we haven't seen too much of from SS.

Better chance of getting Luke Tatooine, Luke Stromtrooper, Luke Hoth, Luke Pilot, Luke Endor, Han Stormtrooper, Han Hoth, Han Endor, Leia Bespin, Leia Hoth, Leia Endor, Ewok Village, etc...

I honestly can't think of any character I would flat out say no to...I hated Jake Lloyd's performance, but he is the start of Darth on the road to the darkside, and while Jar Jar is annoying, he is visually interesting (and he is the one to approve the formation of the empire, pretty darn significant...)

Even variants remind me of the old Kenner line, but I'll start to balk when Sideshow introduces a variant on a single costume change, much like Hasbro has done with the recent 3- 3/4 line.

Back