WGP's RAIDERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's RAIDERS Jones- at casters now!

Hey WST!
You and Dorgmal have been great about the status of the traditional Indy. What is the status of the smiling Indy? Thanks!

Dorgmal has been sending me some smiling Indy's which look great, I've also sent of the Indy hat to be molded by the new moldmakers , once we receive the hats then the Indy heads can start to be sent off....

Since there was such a reaction to the fan anime Star Wars clip recently I thought I would draw attention to a similar effort by an artist on deviantart:

indiana_jones_modelsheet_by_patrickschoenmaker-d4upiwd.png

escaping_the_tomb_by_patrickschoenmaker-d4oe4jl.jpg

indiana_jones_banner_2_by_patrickschoenmaker-d4upjq1.jpg

indy_shot33_layout_by_patrickschoenmaker-d59rdyo.jpg

source:
https://patrickschoenmaker.deviantart.com/gallery/

No, what I meant is the star wars fan film was anime and this is a fan film as well. I didn't mean to imply this had an anime style. It look more like Bruce Timm.

No, what I meant is the star wars fan film was anime and this is a fan film as well. I didn't mean to imply this had an anime style. It look more like Bruce Timm.

Is there a film ? Where can we see it ? i've seen some of these pics before and tried the link, but so far as I know they are only concept stills.
would love it if there were a "Saturday morning " cartoon like this

I hope the new caster worked out the issues with the hat.

I paid right from the start for the traditional indy and have a full headless Indy figure
sitting here in front of me begging to be finished. :rotfl

Yeah, I don't mean to sound critical, but this project sure is taking a while to develop, considering that the 3-D rendering for the head was done a long while back (first post of this thread was in November of last year). Seems like one setback after another, which is too bad. I'm also really anxious to get one of these heads onto my DX Indy figure. I think WGP et al. could be making money hand over fist if they could just get the logistics worked out of getting sculpts into collectors' hands.

I love that art. Reminds me of "Dragon's Lair" and "Space Ace".
It does have that Bluth style. I dig it.

I hope the new caster worked out the issues with the hat.

we should be in safe hands, a friends of mine just used the same company for one of his projects and they came out perfect :)

Yeah, I don't mean to sound critical, but this project sure is taking a while to develop, considering that the 3-D rendering for the head was done a long while back (first post of this thread was in November of last year). Seems like one setback after another, which is too bad. I'm also really anxious to get one of these heads onto my DX Indy figure. I think WGP et al. could be making money hand over fist if they could just get the logistics worked out of getting sculpts into collectors' hands.

The main issue we have to deal with recently is the brim on the hat as its only a couple of mm thick.

In the past people have just cast the brim thicker to stop the problem for example Lonnie's Blondie and Sunohc John Marsden. But instead we have been experimenting with different casters and materials so that we do not have to sacrifice accuracy.
Its been a long wait but the finished product will be worth it :wink1:

There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes at WGP so hopefully the long waits will be a thing of the past.

My only gripe is that because I didn't blind PO I have to wait until the second wave of casts, but that's not a hug deal to me, just a minor annoyance.

LOL, replies like this are starting to crack me up!

If you're subscribed to the thread, and get notifications via email, you'll know when the rest of us do, which will be when WST has any news for us and posts it here.

Just make sure email notifications from SSF aren't going in your spam folder and you'll be fine.

Back