WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

I've updated the lists on the front page and added Spock, McCoy.

Are the boot feet going to be made out of a resin or soft rubber? A flexible soft rubber like Hot Toys uses would be preferable IMO.

I agree and thats what we are going to do.

Hi guys just wanted to say that the portrait of Kirk is stunning and the cast is just lovely. Rick and Sean have done a great job, Sean has done an amazing job.

It's a little undersized though, by quote a bid I'd say its more 1/7 scale. Is there any way to do scale testing for the future or any way to scale up this current head? I really want it to replace my nanjin one but he will look a little pinheaded compared to bones and Spock and I'm not sure i have a body hot toys or otherwise that will look proportionate to it.

Hi Ray,
Thank you for your thoughts and question. The Trek heads are sized up for Hot Toys size and were sized up against our HT Rhodey (Iron Man) head for final size verification once we got them printed. I would really like people to speak up if they are concerned about their Kirk size because he's the main character and I really haven't heard too much negative back.

Of all the Trek heads, Kirk was just slightly smaller than the target size compared to the others but when I proposed reprinting our caster Lonnie Hale wrote me twice to say it was still good/usable because he was so passionate about it, and said not to worry, and it seems he was right because I haven't really heard too much feedback on that one way or another.

For people that have multiple characters like Kirk, Scotty or Sulu, let me know what you think about his size compared to them, because they are pretty bang-on.

For people those that have just the Kirk alone, also let me know what you think so we can see if we need to do anything like reprint on our end. Everything needs to be perfect, but naturally Kirk even more-so. Also weigh-in if you are interested in no neck versions of Kirk as well since I understand the need for those, I just need to see interest (and would only need about 6 people interested). :)

trekqc020-1.jpg

(SCOTTY WITH MODDED THINNER NECK)
newscottyneck.jpg

FUTURE PROJECT INTEREST LISTS

SPOCK
1)Nexus

BONES
1)Nexus

UHURA
1)Nexus
2)stmod0568
3)samueljd
4)Khonsu70
5)Gruff Old Bear
6)tflockj
7)alibi

CHEKOV
1)Nexus
2)stmod0568
3)samueljd
4)Khonsu70
5)alibi

NURSE CHAPEL
1) stmod0568
2) Khonsu70
3) Samueljd
4) 2000Man
5) JiminyDog
6) thecapn
7) Star Puffs
8) 16k
9) Tobor64
10) Alibi
11) JeffTVR
12)Nexus

VINA/ORION SLAVE GIRL
1)Gruff Old Bear (both)
2)Gruff Old Bear
3)Nexus (slave)
4)Khonsu70 (both)

DELUXE KLINGON COSTUME (MULTIPLE HEADS MADE)
1)thecapn (Koloth)
2)Nexus (Kang or Kor)

CAPTAINS
Khonsu70 (particularly Sisco)
CSI (Picard and Sisko)

saltvamp.jpg

SALT VAMPIRE (full figure)
1)Khonshu70
2)thecapn
3)2000man
4)stmod0568
5)samueljd
6)Nexus
7)alibi

CAPTAINS CHAIR
1)2000MAN
2)dracula
3)THECAPN
4)ANDYMP
5)JeffTVR
6)stmod0568
7)Khonsu70
8)Wax Murderer
9)SamuelJD
10)Nexus

1:6 Helm
Nexus
Thecap'n
Dracula
Khonsu70
2000man

NERVE PINCH HAND
Khonsu70

LL&p HAND
TheCapn
Manticore72c
Dracula

PHASER RIFLE
1)dario2739
2)Spartan Rex
3Thecapn
4)2000man
5)Khonsu70
6)Tobor64
7)Dracula
8)SamuelJD
9)16k
10)phantom011

MALE BOOTS
Trek boots will be specifically made for HT bodies.
WGPBOOTS.jpg

Khonshu70 (x4)
Nexus (x3)
Gruff Old bear x4
Alibi

NECKLESS
SAMUELJD (all but Scotty)
Khonshu70 (kirk)

MISC.
NEXUS- Romulan, Khan, Andorian, Talosian, Gorn, Mugatu
Khonshu70- McCoy's medical scrubs and have always wanted the shiny short-sleeved tunic, TNG uniform

I've updated the lists on the front page and added Spock, McCoy.

Add me to each, please! :)

Hi Ray,
Thank you for your thoughts and question. The Trek heads are sized up for Hot Toys size and were sized up against our HT Rhodey (Iron Man) head for final size verification once we got them printed. I would really like people to speak up if they are concerned about their Kirk size because he's the main character and I really haven't heard too much negative back.

Of all the Trek heads, Kirk was just slightly smaller than the target size compared to the others but when I proposed reprinting our caster Lonnie Hale wrote me twice to say it was still good/usable because he was so passionate about it, and said not to worry, and it seems he was right because I haven't really heard too much feedback on that one way or another.

For people that have multiple characters like Kirk, Scotty or Sulu, let me know what you think about his size compared to them, because they are pretty bang-on.

For people those that have just the Kirk alone, also let me know what you think so we can see if we need to do anything like reprint on our end. Everything needs to be perfect, but naturally Kirk even more-so. Also weigh-in if you are interested in no neck versions of Kirk as well since I understand the need for those, I just need to see interest (and would only need about 6 people interested). :)

Kirk does look maybe a little teeny, and here's my thought on why. When you did your initial sculpt (the one that had so much difficulty with printing), Kirk had a fuller looking face and was spot-on perfect for likeness. You folks had to rework the sculpt to get the printing to work, and the face became a bit thinner in the newer sculpt. It was still miles above any Kirk out there, but not quite as close as that first Kirk. In keeping the newer sculpt scaled to HT proportions, I think it maybe wound up be a little "pin-head" looking, but it's still miles above anything we've had for Kirk to date. I'd be willing to participate in an experiment, though. Put me down for a slightly scaled up, neckless BA Kirk - if we can get people interested, we'll try this out and see if it works or not. I'd like to ultimately have both a neckless and with-neck version of BA Kirk anyway, and I think it's important to sort out scale issues before you get going on smiling Kirk (and other captains?). Thoughts?

Interested in Spock and Bones!

I agree, the sculpts are a little undersized, but they are amazing in likeness. If you are going to do a bigger size, I would be interested. Also please include me for Spock and McCoy and everything related to Star Trek

I hope you don’t mind but as a sculptor these are some things I’ve seen in the castings that could help.

Kirk: it’s a tad undersized but the profile likeness is dead on with the exception of the chin that’s too pointed, the straight on is a too narrow, his eyes are a little too deep set and close together. Overall it needs to be a little fatter. I photo shopped the casting by widening it. I didn’t widen it that much but I think it looks much better. If this was done I think this would be the best Kirk likeness out there.

kirkwpg01.jpg

Sulu: also a bit undersized, I numbered the other things I see that could improve this a bit.
1. There is too much hair, it needs to be flattened a bit in the front.
2. Indent by the eye is too deep
3. More jaw, the man’s got a jaw on him!
4. The top lip should be a little fuller.

suluwgp01.jpg

I hope you don’t mind but as a sculptor these are some things I’ve seen in the castings that could help.

Kirk: it’s a tad undersized but the profile likeness is dead on with the exception of the chin that’s too pointed, the straight on is a too narrow, his eyes are a little too deep set and close together. Overall it needs to be a little fatter. I photo shopped the casting by widening it. I didn’t widen it that much but I think it looks much better. If this was done I think this would be the best Kirk likeness out there.

kirkwpg01.jpg

Sulu: also a bit undersized, I numbered the other things I see that could improve this a bit.

suluwgp01.jpg

Those subtle touches made a WORLD of difference. That widening of Kirk's head is what I was addressing earlier with the fuller face being a dead-ringer. Those minor tweaks with Sulu were on the mark also, particularly the lip and jaw. Good eye, Spenser! :clap

kirkwpg01.jpg

suluwgp01.jpg

Thanks for the continued feedback gang!

Spenser, your photoshop crits look amazing to make your points beautifully! The effort is much appreciated and something for us to think about!

Really great notes, Spenser. Great eye. Very cool to see sculptors helping each other out, especially across technologies.

If WGP re-does BA Kirk, I'm in (again)...

I'd have to agree with Spenser on Kirk. I've sent it off to be painted so don't have it in front of me, but if the face was wider and slightly scaled up it would be spot on. I'd be in for another go at it so add me to that list necked or neckless, but these Kirks are starting to add up. And while Scotty looks good it's possible he'll end up being undersized. As I recall Sulu looked great.

You can add me to the list for Captains (Picard, Sisko, Janeway)
I think it would also be cool to start building the subsequent bridge/station crews by picking a secondary character for each series (TNG = Worf or Data, DS9 = Nerys or Quark, VOY = 7 of 9). This way the lines aren't built linearly and folks don't have to wait until an entire crew is completed before getting to the next.

Very cool to see sculptors helping each other out, especially across technologies.

Agreed. I think everyone here wants to see 1:6 Trek succeed.

You can add me to the list for Captains (Picard, Sisko, Janeway)
I think it would also be cool to start building the subsequent bridge/station crews by picking a secondary character for each series (TNG = Worf or Data, DS9 = Nerys or Quark, VOY = 7 of 9). This way the lines aren't built linearly and folks don't have to wait until an entire crew is completed before getting to the next.

That's a great thought! Each series has some "heavy hitters" that people would want first, and the subsequent crew members could be filled in later (expcept TOS, let's just get that first crew done!)

The logical choices seem to be:

Pike
Number One
Vina/Slave Girl

Picard
Worf
Data

Sisko
Kira
Odo (or maybe Dax?)

Janeway
Seven of Nine
Doctor

Archer
T'Pol
Trip

I'd be on an interest list for each of those!!!

Agreed. I think everyone here wants to see 1:6 Trek succeed.

:goodpost: :clap :clap :yess: :exactly: :yess: :clap :clap

I haven't commented on the head sizes, since there aren't too many comparison pics around yet. From the pic of the heads next to the Terrence Howard head, the heads do seem slightly under-sized though (just slightly IMO, maybe about 5% too small and definitely under 10%). The "Shopped" pic of the wider face Kirk looks perfect too.

Also, please put me on the Spock and Bones list. :)

Hey rick;

I sent you an email at gmail since my yahoo is not letting me send pics grrr. Anywho the prototype saltv is almost done I need some thoughts on collar it would help if i had head and you may need a fuzzy neck post so have peety add some fur to neck posts as well.that way he is one well covered furrball. haha. He looks good. I see why they had a net over him without it he kinda looks abobinal snowman haha. Thumbs up finding the three toned fur it looks natural your customers are going to love him.

Groovy over and out scotty beam me up

I think there are already six requests, counting those who asked for two, for the Vina/Orion Slave Girl. C'mon guys. Little push here: wouldn't you find this useful for some custom or other?

SusanOliver_zps01305bcb.jpg

I've had a chance to check out the heads a little closer with regard to size, and they are a bit small, even by HT standards (which runs on the small size, anyway) - they really are more in scale with medicom, which, as someone alluded to, is more 1/7 scale. I know this may be a long shot, but any chance that these could be scaled up slightly and reprinted, perhaps incorporating some of Spenser's feedback on Kirk and Sulu? Hell, I'd even be willing to repurchase Scotty and Kirk if we could get them sized/tweaked (Rand is fine as-is for me). I'm a die-hard Trekker, and these figures are my grail, really.

If these are going to be reprinted please let me know ASAP because I have them out for painting. I don't even mind repurchasing the larger (1:6) ones if necessary, but I don't want to pay twice for painting on top of that. I'm going to ask the painter to hold for the moment just in case. Getting the scales right is really crucial IMO.

If these are going to be reprinted please let me know ASAP because I have them out for painting. I don't even mind repurchasing the larger (1:6) ones if necessary, but I don't want to pay twice for painting on top of that. I'm going to ask the painter to hold for the moment just in case. Getting the scales right is really crucial IMO.

I concur with this sentiment.

Spenser just finished painting my WGP Kirk, Scotty and Sulu and will be sending it to me today. He was also kind enough to cut the necks down a bit for me. I will be off next week so I'll try to get some pictures up then.

If a larger reprint (hopefully with Spenser's suggestions) occurs, I would be in for that.

Back