WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (Yeoman Rand WIP up)!)

Also, any chance of someone making TV accurate uniforms? SMcG's are nice for the price but they lack many of the details of the original costumes.

Agreed. And the other ones that were posted have more of the details but aren't tailored very well and look baggy.

So far, nothing beats Nanjin's, too bad he made such a limited run :(

As someone who uses a plethora of body types I don't think molded is the way to go. I don't know if casting them in a rubber/vinyl/urethane type material like the Dragon jackboots would work or is even a possiblilty but that might capturethe look of the original and still alllow for multible body uses.
Having seen nanjin's version of the boots its nice to see how accurate they can be in 1:6 but I can't say how the cost would be per set.

Stage one was seeing what kind people wanted and options for the boots.

Stage two is talking to our "people". I am pretty sure we do have someone that can do rotocast so I will look into that this evening after work.

This leads me to the question that with so many people using different body types for sizes--- the heads were going to be made "Dragon" size as that seems (to me) to be the most universal (as we never specifically stated).

Thoughts or comments on this? I love that everyone here is so vocal and full of suggestions.

Also, I'm assuming it's already been made but does WGP need to make a Tricorder for Rand?

-Rick :)

I think Dragon sized heads will work for all, if not almost all, of the available figures.
As for tricorders, I don't know what Spenser is making, nanjin's are unavailable [at least at this time] and the only other options I'm aware of are from AMT/Ertl models or 9" Playmates.

I have never used a Dragon body, how these compares to a hot toys in size? If i use a female Hot toys body for Rand, will the size be ok?
Thanks

One last thought on the boots: the actual boots zipped up the side, which is the only way they could have been so snug around the ankle. They don't look in references like anyone could put them on with the zipper closed. I wonder whether you could achieve that tight pointy look and still be able to shove a plastic foot into them.

I think Hot Toys size would be the preferred standard nowadays. I think Dragon's are usually a bit bigger?

It's all a matter of forum interest, brother. if you can start an interest thread and get 16 people interested we'd make the freakin' "Golden Girls" for ya.

So if you can get 16 people show interest in a subject or character then you guys will definitely make them?

One last thought on the boots: the actual boots zipped up the side, which is the only way they could have been so snug around the ankle. They don't look in references like anyone could put them on with the zipper closed. I wonder whether you could achieve that tight pointy look and still be able to shove a plastic foot into them.

I think that's the strongest arguement for making the boots (and by proxy, the heads) for Hot Toys because this is a very good point.

Okay, so we are doing the Yeomans clipboard, the NP's, we are making male (and female boots?), all to be timed to be done with the heads.

Just to confirm, since we are making the female characters will their boots be needed too?

Then we will be looking into how to make NICE ensignia emblems/ rank cuffs, but ideally Spencers outfits will come out and kick butt.

Cool. Thanks for all the feedback. Now I have one more thing to as about... the Captains Chair.

I know Nanjin was making one. I know it's been a year. WGP could probably have on out right after Christmas (we wouldn't start till we had the boots done). Is this something people would want us to do or are you guys fine waiting till he comes back?

I was one of Nanjin's biggest supporters, and helped him out quite a bit with his TOS releases. Still, I say go for it. It's been a year since he said they were coming, and that's a long time to wait.

I'd take one.

Payment sent for bad ass kirk.

Back