WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek ("Sex You Up" Kirk revealed!)

You may want to make iron ons or stickers available for the sleeves and emblems

Official boots would be awesome! The DID jack boots are okay, but the TOS boots have such a specific look to them, and it's really obvious when you see the beautiful job Nanjin did with his.

Has anyone actually contacted Spenser to see what he's up to with his project? He's done some great preliminary work and it would be wonderful if this could be a collaborative project.

You may want to make iron ons or stickers available for the sleeves and emblems

Uniform insignias would be great.

About boots- see this link, tons of photos. I don't know any boots you can buy now that look like this, sort of pointy and quite tight tot he leg. Any Dragon jackboots are pretty bulky looking.
https://starfleet1701st.yuku.com/topic/530/TOS-Boots?page=2

Sean

Thanks again, everybody. We will def work on the boots then, and I will try and see what we can do for the insignias.

As far as the insignias go, I will need to see what options are out there.
I should mention for anyone who has better ideas than me, I am also researching how to make the insignias for the Battlestar Galactica colonial warrior outfits too, which ideally should be shiny gold like the Trek ones. I think whatever solution there is will solve what to do for both Trek and Galactica. :)

trimdetail.jpg

starbuck.jpg

Newest Rand updates by Chu- hair STILL just placement hair, so not final detailing. :)

ZGrab01-11.jpg

ZGrab04-10.jpg

-Rick :)

Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (Yeoman Rand WIP up)!)

Any plans for a Roddenberry sculpt? I would love to add him to the Trek ensemble not to mention him joining Serling, Hitchcock, Spielberg & Lucas!

Any plans for a Roddenberry sculpt? I would love to add him to the Trek ensemble not to mention him joining Serling, Hitchcock, Spielberg & Lucas!

It's all a matter of forum interest, brother. if you can start an interest thread and get 16 people interested we'd make the freakin' "Golden Girls" for ya.

BOOTS

Okay, I've had time to finally look at that awesome boot reference and I'd like some feedback here.

I think we could get a wonderful amount of crazy detail if we sculpted it.
Sean sculpted the shoes for the Big Chief 11th Doctor which has insane detail, so that would be wicked. Is that ideal for everyone or were you all wanting material boots?

Then we move to the even harder question-- I know people are using a variety of bodies so it would limit people if we made these pop on boot-feet like Hot Toys has for people using Dragon or other types of similar bodies who's feet don't pop off. So should we make these like regular boots?

Thanks,

Yes! I can't speak for everyone, but I personally am a huge fan of sculpted vs. material boots, and I'd want a ton of these for my builds!

As far as pop-on...hmm. I dunno. I would buy them either way, but I usually use Hot Toys or TTL bodies so pop-ons would work for me. If you don't, that's fine too, because I can always just shove a hot toys foot down in there too lol.

I'd vote for making them like regular boots, that way one isn't limited to a specific body type.

Also, any chance of someone making TV accurate uniforms? SMcG's are nice for the price but they lack many of the details of the original costumes.

Back