WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO THREAD (open interest list!)

CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO INTEREST LISTS
Here are some lists made from before, and new shout-outs from the Nu-Who thread. 16 votes gets them made. (no costumes)

EARLY TOM INTEREST
LaSirenofEire (hatless)
Tekkaman Blade (maybe)
Duck of Death (hatless)
phantom011
The Corsair (not smiling)

HARRY SULLIVAN
LaSirenofEire
TheCorsair

SEVENTH DOCTOR
1)TEKKAMAN BLADE
2)DRDANDALEK
3)THE CORSAIR

ACE
1)DRDANDALEK
2)THE CORSAIR

EIGHTH DOCTOR
1)DARKLY DREAMING
2)DRDANDALEK
3)THECORSAIR

EVELYN SMYTHE
TEKKAMAN BLADE

CHARLIE POLLARD
TEKKAMAN BLADE

I have updated the interest list. For fans who want most everyone, I wrote your interest down when there were more than one vote for that character. Look at McCoy, Ace, and McGann! More people need to shout out their wants to give their favorite characters some traction!

I do want to repeat I WANT us to make costumes for Ace and McCoy when we can. If you vote them in, even though this vote is supposed to be "without costumes", you'll just have to make me work harder to get them done! :)

INTEREST LISTS FOR ITEMS WE ARE MAKING

Season 18 Tom and costume
1)duck of death
2)DeadLeaves
3)captainjamesbrooke* (and costume)
4)mystolle
5)Wolfgang
6)Lejuan
7)Scifi67
8)yodasan
9)pixletwin
10)BCM77* (and clothing)
11)ALIBI
12)Doom Saber* (set?)
13)LaSirenofEire* (head)
14)phantom011 (head)
15)Obsolete Man *
16)Milo1164X2*
17)drdandalek

Romana (and Destiny of the Daleks costume)
duck of death
captainjamesbrooke
mystolle?
Wolfgang
pixletwin
BillyB
Alibi
Doom Saber
drdandalek
Tekkaman Blade

SARAH HEAD INTEREST
LasirenofEire
phantom011
Gruff Old Bear*
Tekkaman Blade*

SARAH HEAD and HAND OF FEAR DELUXE SET
LasirenofEire
Doom Saber
drdandalek
The Corsair

K-9
1)duck of death
2)captainjamesbrooke
3)mystolle?
4)Wolfgang
5)Lejuan
6)Scifi67
7)pixletwin
8)BCM77
9)LaSirenofEire
10)Doomsaber?
11)KatyaR
12)drdandalek?
13)luke314pi

Master (Ainley)
1)captainjamesbrooke
2)mystolle?
3)Wolfgang
4)Tekkaman Blade
5)BCM77
9)Katya R
7)Alibi
8)duck of death
9)KatyaR
10)drdandalek

LEELA
The Corsair (and costume)

SMILING TROUT
DRDANDALEK
THECORSAIR (and accessory set)
BABYJELLY

REVENGE CYBERMEN SET
The Corsair
DrDanDalek

Last edited:

Any chance of an Earthshock Cyberman at some point mate?

At some point we'd love to. But the design on that versions bodysuit would make it very hard to do compared to the other Cyberman versions. At the moment I don't know how we'd do it. It will be more of a consideration as we eventually get to the Fifth Doctor. :)

Just thought I'd pass on an update on K-9. The hold up on him before was needing to be prepped, which Sean is doing in the UK, and getting a head and neck properly sized. Here is a snippet from his E-mail:

"I got the magnets in the mail today from China, I'm going to embed them in the side resin door I'm casting so the modeller has permanent access to the insides, if they so choose to utilize it. Otherwise, they can just glue it. The new head/neck looks great and is getting cleaned up as we speak to get ready for rubber. I think you'll love what I did with it. Pics coming as soon as I get it."

:hi5:

Edit: And we are going to have Corrose make decals for the collar and side monitor. On the DVD of Invisible Enemy they CGI's graphics onto it like a real computer and it looked killer!

Last edited:

That K9 is coming along great. I can't wait to see Jim when he is finished out. Great sculpt from one of Tom's most famous companions.

I just received my Troughton and Jamie costumes and they are amazing! O can't wait to get the figures finished and post pictures. I have the awesome Skiman painting the heads so I can't wait to see the realistic spin he puts on his paint jobs. I couldn't be happier with my products. That season 18 Tom will definitely be an eye catcher withSarah Jane, Romans, and Leela.

I have an idea for a different Tom Baker head. Since Tom was known foe wearing a different array of hats over the years. Not only has he worn his famous floppy fedora hybrid on brown, green, and wine, bit also other hats like the Sherlock Holmes style deerstalker cap from the Talons of Weng Chiang(a personal favorite episode) or the Scottish beret style hat from the Terror f the Zygons. His hair is always so big, it means you have to have s grossly disprportinate hat to fit over the hair. aHow bout a Tom Baker head that would have a part of the hair, where a hat would fit, that could be removed to add a hat for display or put back on when you don't want to display with a hat. Food for thought to have a multi use Tom Head. I really and truly know that Big Chief's 4th Doctor will be good but the painted heads I've seen from forum members will be hard to beat.

Any updates? Like on Sarah, who's missing from your sig? :wink1:

:yess: Almost March!....Can't wait to get my hands on a full Tom with Costume! :yess:

Well, just so you are warned, the Tom costume is supposed to be made by the seamstress who is making the Sarah Jane costume once that is done,and her deadline on that was yesterday with no update or E-mail reply, so Toms costumes best bet is summer.

I have an idea for a different Tom Baker head. Since Tom was known foe wearing a different array of hats over the years. Not only has he worn his famous floppy fedora hybrid on brown, green, and wine, bit also other hats like the Sherlock Holmes style deerstalker cap from the Talons of Weng Chiang(a personal favorite episode) or the Scottish beret style hat from the Terror f the Zygons. His hair is always so big, it means you have to have s grossly disprportinate hat to fit over the hair. aHow bout a Tom Baker head that would have a part of the hair, where a hat would fit, that could be removed to add a hat for display or put back on when you don't want to display with a hat. Food for thought to have a multi use Tom Head. I really and truly know that Big Chief's 4th Doctor will be good but the painted heads I've seen from forum members will be hard to beat.

WGP would be very happy to do an alternate custom Tom head/heads as an alternative for Big Chiefs upcoming Fourth Doctor figure. I am pretty sure Big Chiefs head will be like you proposed, with removable hair cap or hat with hair cap.

Since any Tom head we made could basically only have two versions- hatted or unhatted it would just be easier for us to just make those two versions as two separate heads and it would look nicer as a finished piece.

We held a poll last year and these heads were the winners people voted on:

d4-4h-095.jpg

special3.jpg

EARLY TOM INTEREST
LaSirenofEire (hatless)
Tekkaman Blade (maybe)
Duck of Death (hatless)
phantom011
The Corsair (not smiling)
johno113

Any updates? Like on Sarah, who's missing from your sig? :wink1:

Sarah is gonna be the freaking death of me, but there is an update. This week I was sent pics of her on the body after her neck hole had been drilled, pre-casting, for neck hole depth approval. I told her the head needed to fit a little lower on the neck. I am hoping for the next pic for approval this weekend. Nothing has been spoken, that is just me hoping.

K-9 is about to be color tested to see what colors/metallics we can try an cast him in!

Smiling Trout is en-route to me after printing for master approval, then will be sent off to Sean for post-print clean-up so he can be cast.

Hi guys. Just a quick question on the Sara Jane and Romana.Are the outfits going to be done like the Zoe and put on a specific body type(ie the Obitsu 25cm for Zoe) or are they going to be a little bigger? That way I can go ahead and start looking for the right body. I can't wait to get these to go alongside that awesome looking season 18 Tom Baker.

Hi guys. Just a quick question on the Sara Jane and Romana.Are the outfits going to be done like the Zoe and put on a specific body type(ie the Obitsu 25cm for Zoe) or are they going to be a little bigger? That way I can go ahead and start looking for the right body. I can't wait to get these to go alongside that awesome looking season 18 Tom Baker.

Sarah and Romana are being made with the small breasted TTL body as a base. It's a Hot Toys universal type body but I have never tried swapping clothes before on any female body to know how the difference is. The chest size will be an issue with the fit obviously if you go larger. Romana's outfit should have been done months ago. That seamstress only has her boots left to do. :mad:

Great work! I have just read thru 60 pages and 5 more threads to go. I just found out about you and sent a couple of e-mails where I was directed to this thread. I am interested in the following and would like to be added:

Season 18 Tom and costume.
Would buy the head now and get the costume when available.
SARAH HEAD and HAND OF FEAR DELUXE SET
K-9
Master (Ainley)
REVENGE CYBERMEN SET

Thanks!

Greg

Is there going to be a neutral expression Troughton head made? Also how about Tom from Invasion Of Time?

Is there going to be a neutral expression Troughton head made? Also how about Tom from Invasion Of Time?

newtroughtonyetijacket_zps090b92af.jpg

The Serious Trout Head is probably as close enough to neutral I don't see us needing to make one unless there is a demand for a re-make.

By "Invasion of Time" Tom what version do you mean? In Time Lord helmet and collar or just his hair/look?

Well I meant in general his hair and look. I didn't think he wore a Time Lord helmet in Invasion Of Time or do you mean the crown of rassilon?

Well I meant in general his hair and look. I didn't think he wore a Time Lord helmet in Invasion Of Time or do you mean the crown of rassilon?

I was just trying to figure out if there was something unique about his look that episode I wasn't remembering.

Right now one of our plans is to accompany things with Big Chief releases.

Ex- putting out other 4th Doctor characters so you will have some related characters and enemies available once their Tom is put out (Sarah Jane, K-9, Leela, Revenge Cybermen, and hopefully Sontarans depending on costume testing).

We also want to offer variant heads for some of their releases as well, like we just announced are going to do with Matt Smith over in our Nu-Who thread. If that goes well, we will do that for Tennant, but we definitely want to do that for Tom regardless.

Once we make a sculpt we don't mind doing variants. Our main Tom, our first Tom (which wouldn't be released until theirs is) would probably be earlier than Invasion of Time because Sarah will already be out by then and I don't think Leela and the Sontaran will be (guestimating).

Afterwards though, who knows?

BATTLE-DAMAGED CYBERMAN CONCEPT DESIGN (from Page 1)

DAMAGED1_zpsc6f88ee4.jpg

Back