WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Doctor Who (Second revision S18 Tom Baker head pic)

Hope Sarah and the Brig reach you soon... :pray:

Put me down for ainley

Honestly, I wasn't much of a fan of the 18 look, BUT, that Tom sculpt is perfect. I'm sooooooo doing one up. Rick. That is just pain rockin

Re: WGP's Doctor Who (1st S18 Tom Baker head pics)

I just got the newest S18 Tom update fro Chu. He added a bit of weight to the face on request because I had gotten a few comments saying they thought he was TOO skinny.

Hair is still being worked on.

TomBaker1980.jpg

That's looking amazing!

THE BIG DOCTOR WHO MARCH PROGRESS REPORT

I have recieved the three Who heads I have been waiting for to approve (Sarah Jane, The Brig, and Romana), and there is good news/bad news.

The good news is that they look just like the computer models (and I will take pics Tues to show them off!), the bad news is the Brig is NOT Hot Toys size (he is for some reason slightly bigger than a Dragon), so he will need to be reprinted to be correct. He should be at the printer again by the end of this week (in the US), mailed to me for approval (in the US), then once approved express mailed to Sean to clean in the UK, then express mailed to our molder/caster, so hopefully just a single more months wait.

Also I have another announcement to make. So essentially, we have a few Tom eras in production here.

The Fourth Doctor: THE END with S18 Tom, Destiny Romana, K-9 and the Ainley Master.

This era is coming along nicely with Romana's head already sculpted and the S18 Tom's just needing his hair finished, and production has started on both costumes.

K-9 is printed but we were told by our mold maker he wouldn't be able to do him until May.

The Ainley Master has not been started yet.

Then we have a few Earlier Tom era heads planned and the Sarah Jane.
Sarah's The PLANET OF EVIL costume is in production and an earlier costume of Toms will be made for our heads later by Billy B, to be determined later.

Well, now I can announce (though we planned on making her later on towards the end of the year once the above was done) that a fan has commissioned WGP (Chu specifically) to make a Leela head NOW (bald with wigged hair) because they didn't want to wait (laugh). I respect that!

So for those of you that already have costumes, you have something else to look forward too. For those of you that don't, we WILL be making Leela costumes, but as the head is being made way earlier in the schedule, we need to make the costumes that were already in que first.

LAST BIT OF BUSINESS

I don't want to take deposits to get the Invasion Cybermen made, but for those that don't know I've lost about $750 bucks of my own total in trying to get them made over the last few years between a board tailor running off with my money, a friend running off with my money who was supposed to help make them, then another big chunk of money myself and others paid to sculptor (pre WGP) to sculpt them for us.

So I have said it before, but I personally plan to invest profits from big projects like Indy heads now to get the Invasion Cybermen made. And after those are made, perhaps the Revenge version for Tom and Sarah? :monkey3

Last edited:

As exciting and fascinating as this all is, do you think we could consider moving into the eras of other, less obvious Doctors? Like Davison? I for one think he gets hardly any love

So we are looking at around a month before these are ready to be shipped?

As exciting and fascinating as this all is, do you think we could consider moving into the eras of other, less obvious Doctors? Like Davison? I for one think he gets hardly any love

The next announced planned era is Pertwee, then after him Davison. Pertwee might start in quarter four of this year as all I am really worried about doing is him and a Jo, and maybe a Delgado if people still have a demand for him.

As we start getting Who figures out there, we will start moving to interest lists like our other threads to determine what gets made, where-as right now I am making them regardless because of my love of Who. The Ogrons/Draconians will be part of interest lists I will start then.

It should be noted Adric didn't get any interest when I brought up making him as part of the S18 line-up before, and the Ainley Master is being made now because he would service so many other later Doctors, particularly Davisons. I realize no one may want to commit interest because not much has been released, and even he's not up to 9 people interested yet. :(

When we do the Davison era it will be S19. Hopefully with our having released all the current Who stuff by then it will drum up more interest in the Davison era.

So we are looking at around a month before these are ready to be shipped?

That's the idea (for those three heads). :) :pray:

I think the Draconians had one of the best looking masks of the Classic era so I'd definitely be intrested in one of those.

I'd prefer a Liz Shaw sculpt to Jo who I feel is the most overrated companion of the Classic era.

And yes, I have seen "those" pics :lol

Thanks for the update. Gettin' excited now. :yess:

Which Leela costume would be made?

I already have the darker skins she wore in "The Face of Evil" & "The Robots of Death" so I'd also be intrested in the lighter skins and/or the attire she wore for most of "The Horror of Fang Rock".

Although Doctors & companions are my main focus I think there's a decent option for at least 1 monster and that'd be a Classic Auton as there's lots of potential for variants beyond the ones seen onscreen due to the huge variety of 1:6 clothing that's available.

Which Leela costume would be made?

I already have the darker skins she wore in "The Face of Evil" & "The Robots of Death" so I'd also be intrested in the lighter skins and/or the attire she wore for most of "The Horror of Fang Rock".

Although Doctors & companions are my main focus I think there's a decent option for at least 1 monster and that'd be a Classic Auton as there's lots of potential for variants beyond the ones seen onscreen due to the huge variety of 1:6 clothing that's available.

I understand some of us have the brown Leela costume from past customs. The costume WGP will make would still be her brown costume however to accomodate everyone who will needs one.

When I vaguely talk about other major enemies we are working on behind the scenes, I am talking Ice Warriors and Sontarans. Main characters are our primary goal, and these baddies are being outsourced to friends we are hoping will come through for us since I want them done but we are too busy to do them ourselves right now.

Sontarans & Ice Warriors eh?

I like that sort of thinking :clap

I have another costume related question,

Which of Tom's earlier ones is most likely to be made?

The next announced planned era is Pertwee, then after him Davison. Pertwee might start in quarter four of this year as all I am really worried about doing is him and a Jo, and maybe a Delgado if people still have a demand for him.

As we start getting Who figures out there, we will start moving to interest lists like our other threads to determine what gets made, where-as right now I am making them regardless because of my love of Who. The Ogrons/Draconians will be part of interest lists I will start then.

How about a good old Sea Devil?

seadevilsdvd.jpg

Which of Tom's earlier ones is most likely to be made?

Good question. One he wore with Sarah and Leela would be smart to go with both, but Billy and I haven't even discusses it yet till his Sarah and S18 Tom is done.

How about a good old Sea Devil?

Pertwee IS coming up at the end of the year for us, so possibly! He really would need a whole body to be done right though (and glass eyes!) so we would have to be sure we could do him right. He might nbe to tough for us right now. We'll have to see. :)

Good question. One he wore with Sarah and Leela would be smart to go with both, but Billy and I haven't even discusses it yet till his Sarah and S18 Tom is done.

Pertwee IS coming up at the end of the year for us, so possibly! He really would need a whole body to be done right though (and glass eyes!) so we would have to be sure we could do him right. He might nbe to tough for us right now. We'll have to see. :)

In that case I nominate the costume from "The Pyramids of Mars" because virtually the same one was worn in "The Robots of Death".

The only difference I can think of without checking is the scarf as the arrangement of the stripes changed as each season went on.

Re the Pertwee years,

1. Would the 3rd Doctor headsculpt be based on his early series and have shorter hair or his later ones where his hair got progressively bigger?

2. My top choice for the costume would be the red smoking jacket and black cape with blue lining as worn in "Terror of the Autons".

3. lf you guys make Linx, don't forget the awesome little flag he plants in the ground at the start of "The Time Warrior".

CO's figure of Linx is great but I was a bit disappointed they didn't make that as one of the extras.

In that case I nominate the costume from "The Pyramids of Mars" because virtually the same one was worn in "The Robots of Death".

The only difference I can think of without checking is the scarf as the arrangement of the stripes changed as each season went on.

Re the Pertwee years,

1. Would the 3rd Doctor headsculpt be based on his early series and have shorter hair or his later ones where his hair got progressively bigger?

2. My top choice for the costume would be the red smoking jacket and black cape with blue lining as worn in "Terror of the Autons".
QUOTE]

Pertwee wouldn't be from his first year. We will probably offer different coat colors for ones that were the same pattern because that's fun. It's still so early in the year we'll see what WGP does when we get ready for that next Who era, because between now and then I could just get PO'd if no enemies are out from us I've wanted and just focus on getting them done instead (again, the Sontarans, etc). :)

Last edited:

With the possible prospect of big chief producing a pertwee figure that would more than likley be terror of the autons version, what about a season seven pertwee or a planet of the spiders long hair version?

I would be done for either of these.

Back