WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's 2nd Doctor "INVASION" Doctor Who set

Excellent work on all the Troughton gear as well. I've already got one Pat, but I can feel the temptation growing for a second one.

Oh what a wonderful bit of costuming. Instantly recognizable too. :D

Re: WGP's "ULTIMATE" Doctor Who themed set

A good question we got in our main WGP thread:

It doesn't, really. Warriors Gate are friends with the gang over at Big Chief and we knew this was coming for quite a while. What they are going to be doing is amazing. It's gonna be something very special and there's a chance Warriors Gate will even be doing some work for them at some point as well.

They aren't so bothered by what we do on the forums because quite frankly, forum sales are such a niche market we aren't really ever going to sell in the kind of numbers that ever threaten them.

So for this year, Warriors Gate will continue it's plans to :

1)complete our the "Invasion" wave. The "Ultimate" Troughton and Jamie costumes are due to be completed next week. Zoe's is already completed, leaving just the one everybodys been going crazy over, the Cyberman.

2)make The Fourth Doctor: The End wave,
with our S18 Tom, Romana II (Destiny outfit), K-9, and Ainley Master.
dromana_4.gif

3) and then lastly, WGP and Billy B are teaming up for a special "goodbye" figure for Elisabeth Sladen, a "Planet of Evil" Sarah Jane Smith.

We're looking into making metal 1:6 sonic screwdrivers and Tardis keys accessories, we are fabric printing the hard to find material we need.
It'll be sweet!

About the ONLY thing that's had to change is that next year we were going to finally make 1:6 Daleks and now we won't. When Big Chief gets around to them, they will be able to make them so much cheaper than us who are so small scale, it will be like Christmas so there's no point doing them now. But as fans ourselves, that's a GOOD thing. :hi5:

-Rick :)

Good to hear on all fronts! :clap

Very nice work with all the attire as well. I already have a Troughton jacket & pants but I can just use those as spares as it'll be nice to have the majority of the figure made from WGP items.

Great detailing on Jamie's vest, Big Chief will surely be taking note for when they do someone with a really elaborate attire.....with a bit of luck it'll be a 4th Doctor from "The Talons of Weng-Chiang".

Just wanted to pop on and say while we are all waiting to see the final version of Jamie's Vest and his hand-made sporran, the Second Doctors accessories are being sent off to the printers Mon so they should be finished and available to order at the same time. :clap

Just wanted to pop on and say while we are all waiting to see the final version of Jamie's Vest and his hand-made sporran, the Second Doctors accessories are being sent off to the printers Mon so they should be finished and available to order at the same time. :clap

Awesome! can't wait to see everything :clap

BTW
Which base bodies are best for the Trout & Jamie in terms of height?

I'm finally getting to a point where I'll have the funds to finish off some of my 1:6 figures and to begin with I'm going to focus on the trio of the 2nd Doctor, Jamie & Zoe.

I used a medicom one for my Jamie and HT slim(now very hard to get) for my Doctor.

I used a medicom one for my Jamie and HT slim(now very hard to get) for my Doctor.

Thanks for the info, too bad the HT one is so hard to get as it'll inevitably cost insane prices on ebay. I can try Hobbylink Japan for the Medicom though as their international shipping charges are reasonable.

The recent How Toys "Sweeney Todd" release uses the Slim Body so it can currently be found loose on E-bay rather cheap. :)

The recent How Toys "Sweeney Todd" release uses the Slim Body so it can currently be found loose on E-bay rather cheap. :)

Or even cheaper, and for my eye better, the original BBi body (i.e. not the muscley one nor the fixed waist TRU version) which is perfect for 'the older gentleman' plus it's everso slightly shorter than the 1:6 norm.

Thanks for the alternate options guys, I haven't got the cash until next month so it'll give me time to make my mind up which I'll go for.

Hey gang, a few things I've wanted to mention here:

How many of you have seen the new "Big Chief" Matt Smith head?
It was painted by Side Show Forums very own "Greggo". Sweet, right?
Did you guys know Greggo has been WGP's painter for our painted heads for customers ever since we partnered up on our Penguin project?
Just sayin' for anyone needing someone to paint their heads. :)

Also available when the Troughton accessories are done will be the Troughton serious V.2 head we showed awhile ago for everyone that has has been PMing us for about it recently. It will be just $10 plus shipping for those who ordered V.1 from us before. If you order it with something else that items shipping will cover it. For first time buyers of it, it will be it's regular price of $45.

I can't wait to have the entire Troughton cabin crew finished!
"My, that certainly is a big one, Jamie."
"Och. Aye!"

Hey gang, a few things I've wanted to mention here:

How many of you have seen the new "Big Chief" Matt Smith head?
It was painted by Side Show Forums very own "Greggo". Sweet, right?
Did you guys know Greggo has been WGP's painter for our painted heads for customers ever since we partnered up on our Penguin project?
Just sayin' for anyone needing someone to paint their heads. :)

Also available when the Troughton accessories are done will be the Troughton serious V.2 head we showed awhile ago for everyone that has has been PMing us for about it recently. It will be just $10 plus shipping for those who ordered V.1 from us before. If you order it with something else that items shipping will cover it. For first time buyers of it, it will be it's regular price of $45.

I can't wait to have the entire Troughton cabin crew finished!
"My, that certainly is a big one, Jamie."
"Och. Aye!"

I know how much getting the Troughton crew done means to you so I'm pleased that everything has turned out so nicely, maybe it's taken a bit longer than you would have liked but the wait has been worth it.

I like the paintjob Greggo has done on the Matt Smith headsculpt for Big Chief, will he be standing over their production painters with a big stick to make sure they get it right?

I know how much getting the Troughton crew done means to you so I'm pleased that everything has turned out so nicely, maybe it's taken a bit longer than you would have liked but the wait has been worth it.

I like the paintjob Greggo has done on the Matt Smith headsculpt for Big Chief, will he be standing over their production painters with a big stick to make sure they get it right?

Thanks. We seem to have gotten past the hurdles we'd had with tailors/seamstresses (and the lack of), and for the second half of the year things are going to be popping out from us left and right as we get caught up to where our current release schedule is supposed to be.

I have no idea how Big Chief or Hot Toys replicate incredible paint jobs on every head. Maybe they take the hostile third world country workers out to Buffallo Wild Wings and bowling every week? :rotfl

I have no idea how Big Chief or Hot Toys replicate incredible paint jobs on every head. Maybe they take the hostile third world country workers out to Buffallo Wild Wings and bowling every week? :rotfl

"Paint good. Chicken wings better!" :lol

Here's my 2 Trout heads as painted by knucklefunger,

trout1.jpg

trout2.jpg

Thanks to WGP for the sculpts and to Joey for sharing such awesome painting skills. You all rock!

UPDATE
Just got a ton of items back that were just printed, and from the other end, I just got a ton of items just cast just cast so thought I'd pass some pics along.

Just printed: (Diary-open, Recorder, Sonic Screwdriver)
studio014.jpg

studio011.jpg

Trout Serious V.2 (re-printed to lose printed on eyeballs))
studio037.jpg

Cybermats now polished and printed in silver and "stealth" clear"
Cybermatpolishedandcast2.jpg

Cybermatpolishedandcast.jpg

I heard back from the Jamie tailor who said he finally tracked down darker fur and a a yellower material for Jamies vest like I wanted so I should expect the new prototype "soon".

Lastly, with the cabin crew about ready to be finished and the rest of their accessories and outfits now on track for release soon (prices passed on when known), I wanted to say the Cybermen are being targeted for Oct to put some space between them. :)

The Trout's accessories are looking great!

Gotta have one of those stealth Cybermats too!

Oh these accessories are looking wonderful. Spot on too. :D

Back