WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's "ULTIMATE" Doctor Who themed set

I'll be intrested to see a side by side of the V1 & V2 heads when they're both painted.

I'll be intrested to see a side by side of the V1 & V2 heads when they're both painted.

Understood. The best way to explain before that it is that the first head was printed on a Objet printer where there were build lines that needed to be sanded off, and therefore detail was lost on the face in the final version. The features didn't stand out and weren't as crisp as they should have been. Normally, a printed head should look just like the 3D model and we felt it was off.

Now that we have reprinted it using the Perfactory printer, there is no build lines so the printed head is an accurate model of what we created and wanted it to be. Then as an aside we tweaked the hair and made the neck skinnier.

Just wanted to throw out an update, after making the Zoe costume the tailor had family health problems and had to take some time off. He's back on the costumes again so hopefully we should see more finished product from this over the next month and a half. :)

WE also started a new thread for our next exiting Doctor Who announcement HERE: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95936

DR-WHO-XMAS-2011-1.gif

SEASON 18 TOM BAKER
tomad.jpg

with Sonic Screwdriver

"DESTINY" ROMANA
d4-5j-112.jpg

with Sonic Screwdriver

K-9: "Your plastic pal who's fun to be wiiiiiiith!"
d4-5j-057.jpg

available plain and with electronics. Due in July/August.

THE MASTER (ANTHONY AINLEY)
d4-5v-040.jpg

with gloved hands and Tissue Compression Eliminator

When will the troughton outfit become available?

Troughton's outfit was available for a short time when the original version of the head came out. It was the first one they did. The customizer they used isn't currently making one. But it's an easy outfit to put together. You can find similar coats and pants in the barbie ken line.

When will the troughton outfit become available?

WGP's Troughton regular outfit just got finished last weekend. By main outfit, I mean his standard costume. Next up for the tailor is Troughtons fur, Yeti jacket, stovepipe hat, and wool hat. If you were only interested in the main costume, I could give you a total and you could just order any extra pieces you want when they are ready. :)

could you pm a qoute for the troughton outfit and the extras coming up.

could you pm a qoute for the troughton outfit and the extras coming up.

I was told that by Tues all of the Troughton costume, fur jacket, stove-top hat, and Jamie's costume would be finished. Pics and info will be posted as I get them. :)

A good question we got in our main WGP thread:

With the announcement of the Big Chief Studios Doctor Who lines how does this affect WGP's plans?

It doesn't, really. Warriors Gate are friends with the gang over at Big Chief and we knew this was coming for quite a while. What they are going to be doing is amazing. It's gonna be something very special and there's a chance Warriors Gate will even be doing some work for them at some point as well.

They aren't so bothered by what we do on the forums because quite frankly, forum sales are such a niche market we aren't really ever going to sell in the kind of numbers that ever threaten them.

So for this year, Warriors Gate will continue it's plans to :

1)complete our the "Invasion" wave. The "Ultimate" Troughton and Jamie costumes are due to be completed next week. Zoe's is already completed, leaving just the one everybodys been going crazy over, the Cyberman.

2)make The Fourth Doctor: The End wave,
with our S18 Tom, Romana II (Destiny outfit), K-9, and Ainley Master.
dromana_4.gif

3) and then lastly, WGP and Billy B are teaming up for a special "goodbye" figure for Elisabeth Sladen, a "Planet of Evil" Sarah Jane Smith.

We're looking into making metal 1:6 sonic screwdrivers and Tardis keys accessories, we are fabric printing the hard to find material we need.
It'll be sweet!

About the ONLY thing that's had to change is that next year we were going to finally make 1:6 Daleks and now we won't. When Big Chief gets around to them, they will be able to make them so much cheaper than us who are so small scale, it will be like Christmas so there's no point doing them now. But as fans ourselves, that's a GOOD thing. :hi5:

-Rick :)

Here's a pic I got from my tailor of the Yeti Coat from the "Abominable Snowmen". Note it has pockets. :)

yeticoatbrwn1.jpg

ha ha - awesome!

Re: WGP's 2nd Doctor "INVASION" Doctor Who set

Something I'd also like for WGP to make to go along with the Yeti outfit is a light-up torch for Troughton to hold. Also good for Peladon recreations and so much more. Indiana Jones. POTA, etc. Would look something like this:

torch.jpg

We could make the torch accessory in light-up and non light-up versions.

Would there be any interest in this being made?

Toy anxiety did light up torches for lost. I remember they had some issues selling them.

The WGP Troughton outfit is now completed and available for sale. We really wanted to replicate his costume as detailed as we could, modeled on a Hot Toys slim body. (I am in the middle of moving from Ohio to Al and don't have all my possessions with me, so no Troughton head at the moment to model with it)

Our tailor has specially recreated Troughton's trademark oversized giant 60's collar and puffy sleeves from INVASION. (note: Actual version will have also have snaps on the cuffs). It also has an elastic band that runs between his legs to keep his shirt pulled down in his pants.

suspenders3.jpg

The detailed Jacket has two functional side-pockets to carry all the accessories we are making for him and his third functional chest pocket (which included his hanky).

The trousers were made slim and have button on them for his hand painted "Lucky Charms" suspenders.

Set: Shirt, Jacket, pants, lucky charms suspenders, bow-tie- $65

ivy023.jpg

patb003.jpg

ivy051.jpg

Set: Shirt, Jacket, pants, lucky charms suspenders, bow-tie- $65 plus shipping.

"Abominable Snowman" jacket:
It is lined and made with two functional pockets to hold his accessories!
$35 + shipping

yeticoatbrwn1.jpg

UPDATES CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Jamies outfit is due next week. Here is a preview of his highland vest, meticulously detailed with all the red stitching most people aren't even aware was there. The final version will have corrected smaller pockets, will hopefully be on a slightly more yellow leather, and should have darker fur.

JAMIEVESTWIP.jpg

Can we buy pieces seperately? I've got to have that Jamie vest.

Back