WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE (FIRST 5 ORDERS BEING TAKEN)

this came out great! I alos want to add that the head was sculpted by Chu 'bbkill' and he did such a great portrait. So thank you Chu!! And the shoes, watch and giant hand were sculpted by me! It's been a long road but I think she came out great!

I just ordered an unpainted head. She turned out great! I am really excited to paint this one - it will be my first attempt at a female character. :)

Finally got mine today, I couldn't wait and went ahead and started painting it. Here's how it looks so far.

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

Last edited:

She looks great.

VERY nice job, Tek!!!!! :clap It's fun seeing different peoples paint jobs on her. You really got the "eyes" down! :)

Last edited:

WGP 1:6 UPDATES- 2015

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give an update on the status of several things Who related. At this point, working on anything new for our Doctor Who stuff isn't going to happen unless commissioned, and with the release of Sarah, if did bring us a Nu Who companion commission that will hopefully go through. We have been commissioned to make two versions of Rose from two different seasons with costumes, two different expressions, and one giant BFG.
She is several months out yet from starting. We are allowed to sell her to others once done. The commissioner will make money back from sales.

We have several Doctor Who heads sculpted that are unreleased that cost $1000 to sculpt (our going rate). We had hoped Sarah sales would bring in money to cast them but Sarah sales have been pretty weak, not really warranting it. 1:6 head printing costs about $125. I gave been telling people who inquired if they want a Who head we sculpted that is not released that they can always get the unavailable head by paying the printing fee and get the $1000 head at approximately 10% the cost, and they may very well get the only copy, or head one of five if it sells more. At this point I am just a Who fan trying to get these out there for us. The good news is because of that offer, our Serious Fourth Doctor and Serious Second Doctor are now on their ways to the printed!

Still in our Library to get out is Romana 2, K-9, The Revenge Cybermen, Smiling Second Doctor, and the Ainley Master (3/4 complete). K-9 and the Revenge Cyberman are obviously a different rate to print.

Just to inform, I did get a price quote back from the new moldmaker/caster on our K-9 so we finally have a cost number and an idea of what he will sell for. K-9 will be between $100-$125 once made. He will be molded in color but will need slight painting by the customer (like on his K-9 sign). He will have a removable under-piece to access his hollow insides for electronic pimping should you choose. However it just costs so much to make something like that we would need 7 pre-orders just to pay for the molding/casting to get it made (and re-print the head). or people paying more pooling together to get him out. Which again, may be a verrrry limited run of him if he sells like everything else Who related.

Alternatively, the Revenge Cyberman needs more work before printing. He will be cheaper for us to print out first before K-9 because he is an army builder and we are coming up with very good deals/incentives to customers to help finish/print him out (extra Cybermen at cost once made).

So that's it for a news update for now. I am hoping to see the Serious Pat and Tom heads within a month and a half and will post pics once we have them.
-Rick :)

Great paint up!

What body are you using?

Triad Alpha, The outfit is triad, and even then is pretty tight on the body, so the body choices were limited.

Few more pics, seeing Sarah Jane next to some figures has caused me to go into repaint mode. I've already repainted Leela and the 4th Doctor. Well Leela was a complete face repaint while the Doctor was touch ups...I'm probably tackling the master next.

More pics in the mean time
IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

I need a bigger shelf

WGP 1:6 UPDATES- 2015

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give an update on the status of several things Who related. At this point, working on anything new for our Doctor Who stuff isn't going to happen unless commissioned, and with the release of Sarah, if did bring us a Nu Who companion commission that will hopefully go through. We have been commissioned to make two versions of Rose from two different seasons with costumes, two different expressions, and one giant BFG.
She is several months out yet from starting. We are allowed to sell her to others once done. The commissioner will make money back from sales.

We have several Doctor Who heads sculpted that are unreleased that cost $1000 to sculpt (our going rate). We had hoped Sarah sales would bring in money to cast them but Sarah sales have been pretty weak, not really warranting it. 1:6 head printing costs about $125. I gave been telling people who inquired if they want a Who head we sculpted that is not released that they can always get the unavailable head by paying the printing fee and get the $1000 head at approximately 10% the cost, and they may very well get the only copy, or head one of five if it sells more. At this point I am just a Who fan trying to get these out there for us. The good news is because of that offer, our Serious Fourth Doctor and Serious Second Doctor are now on their ways to the printed!

Still in our Library to get out is Romana 2, K-9, The Revenge Cybermen, Smiling Second Doctor, and the Ainley Master (3/4 complete). K-9 and the Revenge Cyberman are obviously a different rate to print.

Just to inform, I did get a price quote back from the new moldmaker/caster on our K-9 so we finally have a cost number and an idea of what he will sell for. K-9 will be between $100-$125 once made. He will be molded in color but will need slight painting by the customer (like on his K-9 sign). He will have a removable under-piece to access his hollow insides for electronic pimping should you choose. However it just costs so much to make something like that we would need 7 pre-orders just to pay for the molding/casting to get it made (and re-print the head). or people paying more pooling together to get him out. Which again, may be a verrrry limited run of him if he sells like everything else Who related.

Alternatively, the Revenge Cyberman needs more work before printing. He will be cheaper for us to print out first before K-9 because he is an army builder and we are coming up with very good deals/incentives to customers to help finish/print him out (extra Cybermen at cost once made).

So that's it for a news update for now. I am hoping to see the Serious Pat and Tom heads within a month and a half and will post pics once we have them.
-Rick :)

I think the wait is part of it, when a project is first shown everyone is all for it, when it's been awhile, many people forget about it unless reminded. It's been quite a while on Sarah. Interest levels change the longer something takes, plus while they may have had the money for a full figure when announced when it finally comes out much later, they may have had to set the money aside for other things, medical emergency, car trouble and so on. So you need to promote it and e-mail or pm people who were on the interest list as they may not have even seen that it was available or not checked the website in a while.

Romana 2 is still high on my list, K-9 I need to see the final version first, The Revenge Cybermen Need to see the final(Plus I'm running out of room on the Who shelf), Smiling Second Doctor(depends on my finances at the time), and the Ainley Master (3/4 ) Still interested

Triad Alpha, The outfit is triad, and even then is pretty tight on the body, so the body choices were limited.

Few more pics, seeing Sarah Jane next to some figures has caused me to go into repaint mode. I've already repainted Leela and the 4th Doctor. Well Leela was a complete face repaint while the Doctor was touch ups...I'm probably tackling the master next.

More pics in the mean time
IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

I need a bigger shelf

Thanks for sharing these! You have one the best Doctor Customs, just awesome!

It's been a crazy, hectic end of the school year and so Sarah and the Doctor have set. Now that it's over, I'm organizing my art room. Once that's done I'm going to get Sarah's Masque of Mandragora outfit finished and hopefully the Doctor's coat. Sarah's hair still needs styling and trimming, but she's coming along nicely, I think.
Real hair was added, as were real, fake eyelashes. ;)
To see all 15 shots and Sarah's progression, check out my dA gallery.

3_zpsav4o7xsu.jpg 14_zpsoz55kpja.jpg 7_zpshxgbxgsf.jpg 5_zpssp8hgpbe.jpg

Tekkaman Blade, I don't think I ever got back over here to tell you how much I like your 3rd Doctor-era Sarah. Really nice job.

Anyone else have Sarah? I'd love to see other's work. :D

Back