Statue Weta's Gandalf the Grey Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if we all accept the fact that woodsy will never admit that Weta may do something better than SS, then we can get past all the bickering. I collect both Weta and SS and have been happy and disapointed with releases by both companies but, lets not forget who designed all the costumes and weapons and make up for the movies in the first place. And NO woodsy, it wasn't SS although I am sure you will claim they would have done a better job. :nana:

I really like that pose for Gandalf. Nice detail. That's a great look: ruminating, a bit weary, burdened with the weight of his knowledge, it captures the character really well. Really like this piece. The eyes look cool too.

Yup pretty much. :) Friendly ribbing is one thing but anytime the whole SS vs Weta thing gets going it gets crappy quick. Lets avoid that kind of stuff in this section Ringers tend to be better than that.

Yup pretty much. :) Friendly ribbing is one thing but anytime the whole SS vs Weta thing gets going it gets crappy quick. Lets avoid that kind of stuff in this section Ringers tend to be better than that.

Fair enough and point taken.

Appreciate it. :duff As long as talking about the merits of both constructively is awesome and good for this section. So lets roll with that. :rock

I think I am Gandalf-ed out until the inevitable Legendary Scale version comes out; I think a 1:2 Grey Pilgrim would be damn near irresistable.

:panic: :horror :clap

Wow yes he is the Ben Kenobi of the LOTR universe. Awesome idea. On another sort of random note and sort of pot stirring but not meant to be at all, I noticed that Weta took down the life size gollum bronze and faux bronze listings from their website. These were announced about the same time as the Howe pieces and no one seemed to notice/care. Price was extreme of course but... These were sort of LSF.

I really like that pose for Gandalf. Nice detail. That's a great look: ruminating, a bit weary, burdened with the weight of his knowledge, it captures the character really well. Really like this piece. The eyes look cool too.
It looked really good in person.
Another reason I want it is because it reminds me of him sitting in Moria trying to remember which path to take...

:balrog

Got an email tonight from Weta that these will start charging and shipping next Monday.

...excellent...been waiting for this for some time...i will gaze upon this statue as i smoke only the finest leaf...god bless CA.

Got mine today. Superb piece by Weta. Will be taking pics and reviewing it this weekend.

Back