Weta's Front Gate to Erebor Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've got pieces you want more and that will be harder to get I'd say go for those first.

Yeah man. I stepped away from LOTR collecting for a while so now I'm trying to catch up on a few pieces. And with this being an open edition piece I can theoretically get it anytime in the next couple of years. :)

Looking forward to see our comrades home photos of this article.

Great looking piece - well done again Weta, glad its open edition though so no immediate need to buy. Although after watching Desolation of Smaug yesterday I really, really want a Dol Guldur environment now!

Great looking piece - well done again Weta, glad its open edition though so no immediate need to buy. Although after watching Desolation of Smaug yesterday I really, really want a Dol Guldur environment now!

IMO Dol Guldur should be the major environment from the Hobbit, in the size of BD. It would be awesome!

Lake Town the size of Rivendell would be something...even Dale would be cool if that size

IMO Dol Guldur should be the major environment from the Hobbit, in the size of BD. It would be awesome!

:exactly: couldn't agree more!!

Lake Town the size of Rivendell would be something...even Dale would be cool if that size

That would be a good one to do as well. Rivendell is such a fantastic looking, detailed piece - and Lake Town I'm sure would look just as good if done in a similar size.

There are a few environments that could be made in the Rivendell style and size, like Laketown and Dale, as you said, but also like Osgiliath and the Grey Havens. I would LOVE to see any of these in polystone! One can only hope...

E11_zps902ceb83.jpg

Great Detail and color, pretty good weight as well.

E9_zpsc2a51d5a.jpg

E2_zps1b652546.jpg

E4_zpsf8127b42.jpg

Smudge "dot" on the top right is on my camera lens, not the piece.

E12_zps7f270829.jpg

E10_zpsc86d1291.jpg

E3_zps0295ef5f.jpg

Taking my sweet time with the book ends but almost done.
Was thinking about getting some of those Dwarven gold coins to put next to it.

Overall a nice environment and glad I got it.
Would very much like to have these made: Minas Tirith, Dol Guldur, Cirith Ungol, Lothlórien...

Wonder how a little Heroclix Smaug would look there. Grats

Back