Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that the message is "Pre-orders placed on or before 6 Nov 2014 ship Q4 2014. Orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship Q1 2015", I think that the low stock refers to the whole run. The first batch sold out on Nov 6, it appears.
"low stock" probably just means "first batch sold" even if the batch is 300 items.
Which I do not claim to be the case!

It would be cool if the entire run is almost sold out. I guess we will only know once it says sold out.

Considering that the message is "Pre-orders placed on or before 6 Nov 2014 ship Q4 2014. Orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship Q1 2015", I think that the low stock refers to the whole run. The first batch sold out on Nov 6, it appears.

Totally possible

Does he have a better deal than Weta's discounted offer? Here prices are higher.

Got an answer by their CS:

The first shipment of the balrog statue has sold out. The next shipment will be coming in Q1 2015.

This is why the low stock warning was on, however it has caused a bit of confusion so we have turned it off now.

Regards,
Megan

So only first batch sold out, wonder how many pieces were allocated.
Not important, glad I am in the first batch for this beast, hope to get him for Christmas

Got an answer by their CS:

So only first batch sold out, wonder how many pieces were allocated.
Not important, glad I am in the first batch for this beast, hope to get him for Christmas
Same! Glad I'm in the first batch too.

So this should be shipping when? It says 4th quarter but that's right now lol Does anyone have an educated guess based on past purchases?

Josh?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

barogs.jpg

Size comparison between the Balrogs from the Weta Workshop FB page.

I'm a sucker when it comes to size, more and more happy of grabbing the new one since the old one is waaaay overpriced for my pockets.
I'm not a die hard Middle Earth fan, read all the relevant books and loved them, just glad I can add my favourite beast, the Balrog, in my collection. Since he's likely going to be a stand alone piece, I'm glad he's going to have massive presence.
It'll make a great Christmas present and if the rumor is true, that more big pieces are coming, I may put at good use those Weta dollars.
I hoped Weta could have some licensing liberties over the designs tho, it would be great to see them taking things straight out of the books with their own artistic direction, I'm definitely not a fan of many PJ artistic interpretations.

That's a great picture and just reaffirms to me I would take the original without hesitation over the new one.

**** You! :1-1: :lol

I agree. I would love the old Balrog at the size of the new one. But both are awesome and one cannot have too many Balrogs.

Back