Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on weta site...
" Special Offer: Pre-order The Balrog - Demon of Shadow and Flame for $599USD! Offer available for pre-orders placed before Monday 15 December only. After this date, the full price of US$649 will apply."

Probably means 15 of December is our shipping date.

Saw this on weta site...
" Special Offer: Pre-order The Balrog - Demon of Shadow and Flame for $599USD! Offer available for pre-orders placed before Monday 15 December only. After this date, the full price of US$649 will apply."

Doubt it, think this is for the promotional price only I think and maybe to gauge the next batch?

That being said, hope you're right :duff
Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Saw this on weta site...

You might be right. It fits with Weta's plans to ship this before Christmas.

Just sent them an email asking to move my order from the first to the second batch. Do you know if usually Weta agrees to these requests?
I'm not sure I can have the money ready for the whole next month. I thought about cancel and re-ordering it since there is no deposit, but last time the pre-authorisation froze my funds for over 15 days and as I said, I may need my funds urgently for the whole next month, don't like the idea of having 500€ frozen should I need them.

Just sent them an email asking to move my order from the first to the second batch. Do you know if usually Weta agrees to these requests?
I'm not sure I can have the money ready for the whole next month. I thought about cancel and re-ordering it since there is no deposit, but last time the pre-authorisation froze my funds for over 15 days and as I said, I may need my funds urgently for the whole next month, don't like the idea of having 500€ frozen should I need them.

I was going to do the same, let me know if weta accepts.
Thanks

I was going to do the same, let me know if weta accepts.
Thanks

Just got an answer, they can do it:

"Hi!
I'm sure we can organise that.

I have set your order status to "Query" which means that when we come to process the orders, we will check this order and I have made a comment to save it for the next round next year. :)

Cheers
Magnus Hjert
Online Manager, Weta Workshop"

Weta Advent Calendar 6.12 : Code WOOTWOOT for 15% on everything, great chance there. ;)

Where do you put it in the checkout page?
Page after entering shipping and billing adresses
yRWxlZG.jpg

Thanks mate!
It is an awesome deal on Smaug btw, dropped the price from 560 to 505-510€ shipped :)

Whoa wait a tick... 15% off the already lower price? Can you cancel and reorder easily at weta? Would suck to lose my first shipment order would 15% is a large chunk of change!

Whoa wait a tick... 15% off the already lower price? Can you cancel and reorder easily at weta? Would suck to lose my first shipment order would 15% is a large chunk of change!
I'd preorder another Balrog now and then ask the support

If it is possible to replace your first order with this order and keep you in earliest shipping batch.
If not you can either ask them to delete first or second order depending on what is more important to you, money or time.

Weta support is excellent and they will cancel any preorder with no questions asked.

Thanks for the info and good idea! Will jump on that as I probably can't do the same for Smaug due to the NRD. :)

I think it's 15% off on the NON DISCOUNTED price. Balrog went from 499€ to 462€, when I tried.

Gotcha. Still will be cheaper than the initial $50 off. 15% off $650 is $552, so almost a full $100 off.

I think it's 15% off on the NON DISCOUNTED price. Balrog went from 499€ to 462€, when I tried.
So weird. For Balrog it seems to be off the non discounted price but for Smaug it adds up to the initial discount.
https://i.imgur.com/HrnNiUp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cDqOLlt.jpg

How long is the code good for? One time use?
Code is Weta's Advent Calendar Door#6 and only lasts for one day, the Sixth of December in NZ Time (which is now).
You can use it how often you want on how many acticles you want.

Back