Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the statue itself, do people think this might go the route of barad-dur and be available for less than retail on ebay from retailers? I think I picked up the BD for 499 before it sold out from someone moving old stock.

It may, but then you got to off set that in loss of Weta Dollars, possible higher postage costs (depending on where those left over stock happens to be), and if you are unlucky and get one that is broken, then unless your quick, you may not get a replacement.

I'd say one thing you could do is wait for a Weta discount card or the like for 10% off that someone picked up at a con and isn't using. Between that and 15% Weta dollars back on what you do spend, your just about getting old stock ebay price direct from Weta.

But a fine one it is. I think Jackson did such a good job on this rendering that it has become somewhat embedded in my mind as how it looks.

Back to the statue itself, do people think this might go the route of barad-dur and be available for less than retail on ebay from retailers? I think I picked up the BD for 499 before it sold out from someone moving old stock.

The reason Barad-dur sold below retail was because of the sticker shock of the price. That was the highest priced environment to date and a lot of people didn't think the value was there.

Balrog on the other hand is at a good price and I doubt it will go more than 10% below retail once it starts shipping out. Characters will always be more popular than environments IMO

The reason Barad-dur sold below retail was because of the sticker shock of the price. That was the highest priced environment to date and a lot of people didn't think the value was there.

Balrog on the other hand is at a good price and I doubt it will go more than 10% below retail once it starts shipping out. Characters will always be more popular than environments IMO

For sure on that, just look at ed sizes. I still think BD was expensive but as most of my ME collection is environment centric it was a must. Can only wait and see if Minas Tirith gets done. Cost I would imagine to be the same if not more, both Balrog and Smaug are in the same ballpark. Wetas been pretty ambitious lately.

...I never read the books, only seen the movies.

wqcz.jpg

:thud: :read :lol

Dont read fiction. If ima spend time reading, it is for technical / learning reasons.

:p

really debating this piece, I have the gandalf marquette EX, so it could go well together, but $600 is alot for a 20 in statue. If it was $400 i would do it

First shipment sold out. Pre-orders placed on or before 6 Nov 2014 ship Q4 2014. Orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship Q1 2015.

So, shipping in a month I suppose? And it means it's nearly sold out?
I bet they sold the first batch of around 250-500 pieces which triggered the "low stock" indicator.
However there are more experienced users to judge.:)

I'm glad I got my order in, as I wondered if there would be a rush to pick this Balrog up after seeing what the previous one is selling for.

i like this piece, but i must resist and get smaug instead, I saw both and liked smaug better and money limits me to only one

It's at LOW STOCK as some of you have noted. But I don't know if I can afford it for a few weeks at least.

Any experience here as to when the LOW STOCK sign comes up and generally how many would be left and how long I might have to think about this? Hours, days, weeks, months, years?

It's at LOW STOCK as some of you have noted. But I don't know if I can afford it for a few weeks at least.

Any experience here as to when the LOW STOCK sign comes up and generally how many would be left and how long I might have to think about this? Hours, days, weeks, months, years?

Just order it. You only get a temp hold on your card that drops off and then the real charge comes when it ships.

Depends on if its low stock on the entire run or just the first batch.

Considering that the message is "Pre-orders placed on or before 6 Nov 2014 ship Q4 2014. Orders placed after 6 Nov 2014 ship Q1 2015", I think that the low stock refers to the whole run. The first batch sold out on Nov 6, it appears.

Back