Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could the SS run be 1000 and the rest could have distributed other geographical locations? It's odd that on weta's site its 3500... :S

No the run was limited to only 1000 pieces total. It's just a glitch

how many can each person order from weta? is it 1 per address?

Do you guys think this will sell out with-in a few hours? days? weeks? :)

I don't think I've ever seen them list a limit on these per person.

I could see if selling out in a few weeks depending on the price.

It could've been a rerelease through Weta

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Weta doesn't do that and they know it would be horrible business. Plus there has never been a piece on ebay with a changed ES.

Josh, emotional attachment aside, which piece is more impressive? I was going to hunt down the original because I like the pose and whip more. But the new ones detail and size are making me reconsider.

Josh, emotional attachment aside, which piece is more impressive? I was going to hunt down the original because I like the pose and whip more. But the new ones detail and size are making me reconsider.

I'll try. :lol Your post is why it is hard to decide. The pose and whip are a great combo that help make the original so very impressive. It's easily my favorite statue in my collection. Thing is this new one is cheaper, has improved detailing, and is a huge huge piece. It's nearly 21" tall. I do think it edges out the original just a bit on the impressive scale because it takes everything great about the first and we get the improvement Weta has made since 2002. You're not gonna go wrong with the Original if you track it down. I still love it more than the new one but if you go for the new one its a dang fine choice.

I'll try. :lol Your post is why it is hard to decide. The pose and whip are a great combo that help make the original so very impressive. It's easily my favorite statue in my collection. Thing is this new one is cheaper, has improved detailing, and is a huge huge piece. It's nearly 21" tall. I do think it edges out the original just a bit on the impressive scale because it takes everything great about the first and we get the improvement Weta has made since 2002. You're not gonna go wrong with the Original if you track it down. I still love it more than the new one but if you go for the new one its a dang fine choice.

Post reported for offensive language.

Please give yourself an infraction.

:lol

Thanks Josh. Decisions...decisions :)

At least we know a time now. Don't think they posted that in the previous one right?

No we haven't seen the price at all. I'm getting it unless its like $2k. :lol
I'm hoping that its under $700 Lol you're nuts to hope for under $2k and I'm also scared now because you said that lol

I'm hoping that its under $700 Lol you're nuts to hope for under $2k and I'm also scared now because you said that lol

My tongue is firmly in my cheek on that. I Expect him to land at around $650.

I think it's pretty fair for how great this piece is. I'd love it cheaper I just don't think that happens.

I think it's pretty fair for how great this piece is. I'd love it cheaper I just don't think that happens.
Lol that price would be a steal considering how amazing it is. I don't even care about the damn sword anymore. Even love that Lol your pics did help a lot though bro

From the Weta newsletter:

Far beneath the ground, tunneling for Mithril in sunless black rock, the Dwarves disturbed something that had remained safely entombed since ages past, a being of unfathomable terror, relic of a time of gods and giants, a creature of which should never walked again in Middle-earth and for whom there were few equals remaining in the world, a Balrog of Morgoth.

The Balrog - Demon of Shadow and Flame will become available for pre-orders at the following times:

US West Coast: Mon 22 September at 2:00PM
US East Coast: Mon 22 September at 5:00PM
UK: Mon 22 September at 10:00PM
NZ: Tues 23 September at 9:00AM
AUS: Tues 23 September at 7:00AM

Lol that price would be a steal considering how amazing it is. I don't even care about the damn sword anymore. Even love that Lol your pics did help a lot though bro

I don't know about steal but I think it's fair. The sword is awesome and I think in person people are really going to like it. Thanks! I'm just glad that they came out good and that people enjoyed looking at them.

From the Weta newsletter:

Far beneath the ground, tunneling for Mithril in sunless black rock, the Dwarves disturbed something that had remained safely entombed since ages past, a being of unfathomable terror, relic of a time of gods and giants, a creature of which should never walked again in Middle-earth and for whom there were few equals remaining in the world, a Balrog of Morgoth.

The Balrog - Demon of Shadow and Flame will become available for pre-orders at the following times:

US West Coast: Mon 22 September at 2:00PM
US East Coast: Mon 22 September at 5:00PM
UK: Mon 22 September at 10:00PM
NZ: Tues 23 September at 9:00AM
AUS: Tues 23 September at 7:00AM

I'll be ready at 4pm my time. :rock

Back