Statue Weta Workshop's Tauriel Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys think this statue is worth $350? That's probably the absolute cheapest I can get it for. Hard to find, and the price is going up...

You guys think this statue is worth $350? That's probably the absolute cheapest I can get it for. Hard to find, and the price is going up...
Depends on the buyer. I woudn't buy it for $100, others might consider $350 adequate.

You can get one for 240eur here.

Depends on the buyer. I woudn't buy it for $100, others might consider $350 adequate.

You can get one for 240eur here.

Well, true, but I meant the quality, I suppose. I've only purchased one Weta statue before.

It's a pretty nice piece. The likeness, detail, and paint are all well done and the character is pretty cool as well.

Well, true, but I meant the quality, I suppose. I've only purchased one Weta statue before.
Qualitywise Tauriel is top notch and I have never heard somebody being unhappy.

Sometimes there are some dweebs like me who -unasked- need to tell everybody how much they dislike Tauriel but you shouldn't listen to them ;)

Lol. Despite her lack of a Tolkien-based existence, I think Tauriel was really well done, particularly in BotFA

Opened up Tauriel and she's awesome except my arrow is bent and the bowstring is very loose. Are these common issues?

C2C8ADE7-3CBC-4E40-9E29-F7C295206B62_zpsbada97xz.jpg
3ECDDC29-2407-414B-BA30-E7F0218EFDB6_zpse9xes6xz.jpg

The arrow yes came for many that way. I actually trimmed mine. as for the bow string. i've never seen one that loose

I agree with that review. My only critique in regards to that piece is that not every statue has the arrow perfectly placed. It should be on the bow string right at her fingertips. The arrow on some statues(like mine and quite a few others) has that issue. It is not the fault of the owner but the factory guy that glued the arrow ever so slightly to the rear of the bow by like 1/16 inch. Other than that it still is a phenomenal piece and is my favorite in hand Weta 1/6 Hobbit statue to date, even better than vain Thranduil.

You got two choices for that arrow, either it has to be repositioned to be straight or trimmed to fit. The string either has to be pulled and glued to make tighter or redone( actually had to do that with a Legolas I had). It definitely one of Weta's finest(without those issues of course)

Thanks, Adolfo. Now a more important question... Where did that Rankin Goblin King come from and why don't I own it already?!

Thanks, Adolfo. Now a more important question... Where did that Rankin Goblin King come from and why don't I own it already?!

Only 9 of those exist signed and numbered on the bottom of the base by all who made it from the sculptor to the painter. I am very very very lucky to have it myself

Bbts offered me $30 credit for my Tauriel. Only option since I'm not gonna return it. At least with the sale I got it on it makes the cost $190 which is pretty damn great.

Since the arrow would be plastic, heat it up a little with a hair-dryer (not too much, you want it warm, not melting), then stick it between a couple of soft weights to flatten it out.

It's amazing how much money she goes for now. May have to skip this one... Wish I picked her up before. :pfft:

I have # 5 of the Gobling King piece myself, truly amazing to see what a real painter can do.But as I've said before having a piece like this sort of ruins factory paint jobs for you.

How much did you guys pay for the goblin king? And seriously... I NEED one.

Are there anymore Rankin Hobbit pieces?

Speaking of old 80s cartoons... I wish there were Flight of the Dragons statues. If I got a good Bryagh statue I could stop collecting.

Her lack of availability saved me from getting into this whole line. I was going to splurge and get all released so far since we've gotten so few representations of Hobbit. Hopefully Asmus comes through with a good figure of her.

Her lack of availability saved me from getting into this whole line. I was going to splurge and get all released so far since we've gotten so few representations of Hobbit. Hopefully Asmus comes through with a good figure of her.

Yeah, I'm either going to have to spend a lot more than I wanted, OR I'll wait for the Asmus figure. But to be honest, I'm not all that pleased with the look of their Éowyn, so....

Back