Statue Weta Workshop's Bolg Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! It was fun to team up with Weta and get to do this before it lands in everyone's collection.

dang at this rate no way bolg will last a few months might need to jump the gun now

But they own that to you.
You have been such a great supporter.
Not only by collecting,but also with reporting from the comic cons.
So I realy like this for you and that you have a first in hand Bolg.

Thanks! It was fun to team up with Weta and get to do this before it lands in everyone's collection.

dang at this rate no way bolg will last a few months might need to jump the gun now

Crap. This is what I am worried about. I hate spending $140 now when I have $90 in weta bucks coming to me with Smaug. $90 I won't really want to use since I'm not buying anything beyond Bolg and using that 90 will result in me spending even more money, so I'll end up spending like $350 and get two statues, instead of spending just $50 to get the one I really want.

But they own that to you.
You have been such a great supporter.
Not only by collecting,but also with reporting from the comic cons.
So I realy like this for you and that you have a first in hand Bolg.

I'm not owed anything. I try to be because they do great work, create great stuff for a world I love, and are great people.
I enjoy doing the reviews and reporting from SDCC. It's a chance to share my love and passion of Middle-earth with everyone.
I appreciate that. I was super happy that we (TORn/Weta) could team up and having a chance to bring folks in-hand pics/video first was something new to me but darn fun at the same time. So in the end getting to repesent TORn and work with Weta on this was a blast for me as a fan/collector. I'm quite blessed in all honesty.

Well, BBTS put Bolg up and listed it as 4th quarter. I bet they get it sooner but it won't be right away as Weta seems to ship all or most of their first shipments direct to customers and not other retailers. So I'll hang onto the Bolg order there and wait for my Smaug and hopefully it will all work out as I plan. If Bolg sells out and I have to get it from BBTS, then I suppose I'll use my weta bucks on Faramir. Or maybe they'll announce another Orc or Troll or Azog in armor or something from BoFA.

I think you'll be ok. The low stock is dealing with the first shipment of Bolg. I'd say there will be at least one more shipment if not a couple.

Well, BBTS put Bolg up and listed it as 4th quarter. I bet they get it sooner but it won't be right away as Weta seems to ship all or most of their first shipments direct to customers and not other retailers. So I'll hang onto the Bolg order there and wait for my Smaug and hopefully it will all work out as I plan. If Bolg sells out and I have to get it from BBTS, then I suppose I'll use my weta bucks on Faramir. Or maybe they'll announce another Orc or Troll or Azog in armor or something from BoFA.

Great suggestion for more orcs or trolls. I personally want that quad amputee troll who Legolas commandeers and then he smashes down that tower setting up the big fight with Bolg.

1342531673758626.jpg

Yes I mean owed :)
big time.

But for me you report also on the places I and other can't be cause it's to far away ;)
You make beautyful pictures and that way I feel I'm there too.
I'm a collector and fan to,but I appriciate it,also to share it,share your knowledge about Middle earth.
I'm just a movie fan.
So I'm counting on you to keep doing the good job/hobby.
Thanks.

I'm not owed anything. I try to be because they do great work, create great stuff for a world I love, and are great people.
I enjoy doing the reviews and reporting from SDCC. It's a chance to share my love and passion of Middle-earth with everyone.
I appreciate that. I was super happy that we (TORn/Weta) could team up and having a chance to bring folks in-hand pics/video first was something new to me but darn fun at the same time. So in the end getting to repesent TORn and work with Weta on this was a blast for me as a fan/collector. I'm quite blessed in all honesty.

Is it true that it only weights 1,3kg as stated on the weta homepage? If that's the case he's lighter than some of the dwarves.

Thanks Frank! :duff

Yes I mean owed :)
big time.

But for me you report also on the places I and other can't be cause it's to far away ;)
You make beautyful pictures and that way I feel I'm there too.
I'm a collector and fan to,but I appriciate it,also to share it,share your knowledge about Middle earth.
I'm just a movie fan.
So I'm counting on you to keep doing the good job/hobby.
Thanks.

I truly appreciate the kind words. I enjoy sharing my collection and if I'm at SDCC bringing that event to folks as best as someone like myself can. I will continue to do my best to contribute for as long as I can. :rock :)

Is it true that it only weights 1,3kg as stated on the weta homepage? If that's the case he's lighter than some of the dwarves.

I think he's heavier than the Dwarves. I mean he's not OMG heavy but he is heavier than the Dwarves.

so i have decided for my LOTR collection I will only keep azog, thorin, berserker EX and get smaug and bolg and thats it, too many other things coming up, and i knew someday I would sell off all my PF's

I really enjoyed the LOTR line but got bills to pay and more important things

Back