Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So kratos what's your thoughts? Worth it? How's the paint and sculpt? Close to proto seen at the comicons?

Sorry mate I would post it up but on I packaging mine, I found that the wing had a huge crack almost severing the right wing, I'm in the process of sending it back, I'm super guttered and had such a nice edition number 0011/200 :(

OK, here you go. I'm not a professional photographer and my camera is ancient. I did take this outside into the freezing cold to get some natural light on it. No fiddling with brightness or contrast. What you see is what you get. Sorry that my house is red.
023.jpg
024.JPG
026.jpg
027.jpg
018.JPG
020.JPG
021.JPG

Is one of his horns broken? In the last pic. I know he's supposed to have a missing horn, not a chipped/broken one.

Is one of his horns broken? In the last pic. I know he's supposed to have a missing horn, not a chipped/broken one.

He has a broken horn on each side. If you look at the photos on the Weta site, you can easily see the one on his left side. The right side can barely be seen in the one face-on shot. I wasn't so sure about that one when I opened it, but after checking pictures, I breathed a sigh of relief. You can confirm with shots from the shows as well.

#221 arrived today! Here are some pictures- forgive the low quality, the lighting in my apartment isn't to good and I was rushing. The red isn't as bright as my photos make it look, it just came out that way when I ran the pictures through a color enhance. I am blown away by the sculpt and pleased with the paint job. Weta smashed it out of the ballpark with this one! :clap

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here, and this is one my first statue of such size.
I received it today and I really like it. It is truly magnificent.
I can post pics if required but I think we already have plenty by previous owners.

here is one of its face
smaug.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic photos everyone! :rock Thanks for sharing them, really wish I had the cash and space for this one.

Fantastic photos everyone! :rock Thanks for sharing them, really wish I had the cash and space for this one.

Space is definitely something to consider. Even if you're planning on putting Smaug into storage for a while- the box is massive! When I picked him up from the UPS drop off location they asked me if I wanted to use a dolly or a cart! LOL And once I wrestled the box to my pickup I had to put it into the back sideways, and I have a supercrew! :google

How come some have a broken horn and some don't? I don't have a broken horn on mine. And Thorondors photos don't show a broken horn either. I think yours is damaged RJS & Matthatts.

2lb14h.jpg

67438l.jpg

Seems this one has the broken horn on the wrong side?

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here, and this is one my first statue of such size.
I received it today and I really like it. It is truly magnificent.
I can post pics if required but I think we already have plenty by previous owners.

here is one of its face
View attachment 168990

Back