Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't pre-ordered yet mainly because of the $100 NRD. But I definitely like this more than the Balrog which I will probably cancel before it ships. I just don't want to spend that much on collectibles anymore. I don't think there will be a mad rush for pre-orders because of the $100 NRD and $699 price but I could be wrong. 2000 isn't really a super high number and I'm pretty sure Smaug will be popular as Dragon's in general are and this is a great looking piece.

The NRD was a bit of a surprise that's for sure but it is what it is. I paid it and am ready to get this guy into my collection.

After buying the Dark Rider of Mordor PF last winter I said I'd never spend that much on a collectible again. And I wasn't even tempted, until today. It's Smaug. I had to. :lecture

I am very curious to see how fast this will sell. It certainly has the potential to sell through quickly. However the price is high so it could linger a while.

He's going to take some time but people will want to get in before January when his price goes up to $750.

It looks great but it's a huge nut to crack. I'd almost consider this to be the top ME collectable. I'd like a shipping date before I order, but will more than likely order this month. I may drop the Balrog, not sure. I'm also getting spent on price tags for some of these.

DROM was the most I paid for a single piece before this. Gotta love Weta.

You know I'm going to order this, Weta knows I'm going to order this, I know I'm going to order this. That's why I saved up $200 Weta dollars. What are you waiting for Fritz?! Just order already dammit! :panic: :lol

Weta definitely looks like quality, I'm not a LOTR or Hobbit collector bud the Smaug looks killer. Great pose and if the details and paint apps hold up to production it would be an incredible addition. Seeing the life size Gollum, the Balrog and Smaug statues, makes me want to collect haha.

I don't think I'd go that far. I would concede this may be the top Hobbit collectible though.

I consider the Hobbit part of ME, generally speaking. This is one of the most ambitious pieces done to date, DROM & Sauron were great as well but the overall presentation and detail on this are a bit more impressive. To me anyway.

Bronze items are in their own class, :lol

This pose looks way better than I expected. As soon as this goes "Low Stock" I will order.

You know I'm going to order this, Weta knows I'm going to order this, I know I'm going to order this. That's why I saved up $200 Weta dollars. What are you waiting for Fritz?! Just order already dammit! :panic: :lol

You are so funny Frank -- and so right. This was my rationale for hitting the order button:
-- $100 NRD goes toward the overall price = Smaugie now "only" $599.
-- Using my Wetadollars ($360) = Smaugie is now "only" $239.

At that low price, I couldn't NOT get him. Right?

Are they still going to hit your CC with the full amount up front until it drops off or just the NRD?

Back