Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megan on S+F:
I just thought I'd let you know that the first shipment of Smaug the Terrible (due end of January / early February) has sold out. Orders placed after 13 Nov may ship early-mid March.

How long did it take the Balrog to sell the first batch?

Megan on S+F:
I just thought I'd let you know that the first shipment of Smaug the Terrible (due end of January / early February) has sold out. Orders placed after 13 Nov may ship early-mid March.

One month and a week, approx. Went for PO on 29 September, first batch sould out on 6 November. Well, this was quick.

Crap. I wanted to be in on the first shipment but haven't placed an order yet. Oh well. March is my bday.

I don't like MAY ship tho. I knew I shouldn't have waited. Early February would have been cool.

Megan on S+F:

Nice! That's freaking awesome and I'm glad I'm in on the first shipment.

I think the first shipment of The Balrog sold out just recently.

That's a tough question... I like Smaug more as a character, but overall I would probably say the Sauron PF. It is easier to display than this will be, less likely to break and bigger/more commanding presence. But that is by a VERY slim margin. I actually think the Smaug statue is one of the most impressive pieces I've ever seen, more so than Sauron, which I love.

That is very tough. I don't think I could choose to be flat out honest with you. I think both are amazing pieces and would be on any list of best Middle-earth pieces. I already have the Sauron pieces and have this coming as well. I couldn't see my collection without either.

hmm question…if u were to get one piece, this or sauron PF, which to get? Thanks

Sauron without question for me. Smaug is just a Dragon, a side character if you will. Sauron is the Lord of the Rings. I'd be willing to bet that if you put both side by side and took a poll of random people, they would probably say that Sauron is more impressive. That being said, let's be honest, they're both freaking cool! :rock

I ended up ordering last night. Why wait any longer. The way I look at it, if there are any cancellation or credit card declines, maybe I get in on the first shipment. If not, then they'll have time to fix any problems with the first shipment in time for the second shipment. :idea

Congrats Frank! You're gonna love it. :rock

And as a size reference for those that don't realize it, although it's obviously shorter than the Sauron PF, the base for the Smaug statue is actually wider and deeper than the Sauron PF based on manufacturer specs. That's pretty impressive. :panic: :bow

And as a size reference for those that don't realize it, although it's obviously shorter than the Sauron PF, the base for the Smaug statue is actually wider and deeper than the Sauron PF based on manufacturer specs. That's pretty impressive. :panic: :bow
Tell me about it. While determined to pre-order Smaug I have been running with a yardstick through the appartment desperate to find a 52x45cm surface. I haven't found a suitable area in my small place but I will order Smaug anyway. Gotta move the TV or something

Tell me about it. While determined to pre-order Smaug I have been running with a yardstick through the appartment desperate to find a 52x45cm surface. I haven't found a suitable area in my small place but I will order Smaug anyway.

Good idea, for Smaug you must make space! :rock :lol

I've been trying to tell people while not the absolute tallest piece they will own this thing is going to eat up some real estate in their collections.

I've been trying to tell people while not the absolute tallest piece they will own this thing is going to eat up some real estate in their collections.

Yeah, I don't really know where I'm going to put Smaug either but I'll worry about that when the time comes. :lol

Yeah, I don't really know where I'm going to put Smaug either but I'll worry about that when the time comes. :lol
That's the right spirit. :D
Gotta make Smaug pay rent. What does he think his gold is for?

Back