Statue Weta Wind in the Willows bookends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
I ordered this a year ago at SDCC and it finally just arrived.

Gotta say Weta hit this one out of the ballpark. The sculpt and detail is truly amazing. Each bookend is pretty substantial in size - it feels like I'm getting two statues for one great price. And the paint apps! Really well done. I fell in love with this piece a year ago and I'm so glad to finally have it in my collection.

Anyone who is a fan of the book should have this in their collection. It really is a beauty.

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

Those look pretty cool. I wanted to check out Weta's booth on one of my passes through SDCC, but their booth was so small and always crowded. I was able to see the LOTR environments, but missed out on everything else. :monkey2

Those look pretty cool. I wanted to check out Weta's booth on one of my passes through SDCC, but their booth was so small and always crowded. I was able to see the LOTR environments, but missed out on everything else. :monkey2

They didn't have their Wind in the Willows display this year....it was The Adventures of Tin Tin. Pictures do not do the bookends justice....they really are so cute...and like I said the detail in them is really amazing.

Very nice. I love that there are great bookends being made for people's favourite books.

I agree. :)

They didn't have their Wind in the Willows display this year....it was The Adventures of Tin Tin. Pictures do not do the bookends justice....they really are so cute...and like I said the detail in them is really amazing.

Ah. That would explain why I don't remember seeing them on a fly-by. :lol

Congratulations Jen. I've been waiting to see in-hand pics of these. If I didn't want so many other things, I'd have already purchased a set myself. :lol I'll just have to enjoy your pics for now. :)

I saw these in person recently.....I dont know if they sold too many for they are pricey but without a doubt one of the nicest bookends I've ever seen.....Gratz

Thanks - they had a great deal for them at SDCC 2010. You got, I think $100 off. I paid $260 total...including shipping.

I always loved these and never gottem because of $400 price... grabbed this from Weta for 1/2 off and used some weta dollars 2 weeks ago...gottem for 178 shipped, and are worth every penny. They are nice and big bookends

Back