Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Gandalf The Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, to get decent lighting you really do need to take outside shots or be really good web inside. I'm much better when going outside to take my shots.

If you're getting this let me know or post in the Weta tracker thread. Though its open ill add it to the list.

Probably not until Sunday to be honest. No time during the week with work to take pics like I normally do. As far as where to get it just got to Weta's site.

looking forward to seeing pics. this piece will definitely go into my gandalf collection.

I put this in top 2 or 3 for GG statues made to date...very nice

i so want it,but with the Sideshow Star Wars stuff shipping this week,plus Hot Toys Luke next week...i hope in 3 weeks time THIS statue will still be available :(

Received Gandalf The Grey. Such an awesome statue! It's very heavy too - everything is made of polystone - yes, even the removeable hat. Gandalf is fixed to his base so you won't be able to detach him. I can't take my eyes off it. It's pure awesomeness! :rock I'm very happy with it. Great job and thank you, Weta! :clap

8079253649_f648595b4a_b.jpg

8079254099_7376c86e97_b.jpg

8079255365_088eb232c5_b.jpg

8079248764_1353484320_b.jpg

8079249648_ddeb4f50a3_b.jpg

8079256263_29acd7bf67_b.jpg

how much was shipping to oz from nz?

Hey mate. I ordered Gandalf along with the other items I got, and I just paid US$58. I'm not sure if you can save on shipping this way. If you want to know how much for Gandalf alone, try to go to Weta's website, put Gandalf on Cart and enter country and post code, and it should be able to calculate the shipping cost. I tried and it showed postage to Sydney is US$37.63. Hope that helps. :wink1:

Thanks for the pics hardyakka_mate. :wave

I'm amazed that the hat is removable and that it's not switch-out heads.

Is there not the worry of the paint rubbing off where the hat touches his head? :dunno

It's one nice statue though...hope to pick one up someday. :pray:

:duff
Bill

Is there not the worry of the paint rubbing off where the hat touches his head? :dunno

Bill

No worries bill59. You won't be disappointed with this - it's amazing. I hope you can have one pretty soon. :)

Nothing to worry about paint rubbing off on the inside of Gandalf's hat as it has a depression that matches exactly the contour of the top of Gandalf's head. I wished it was magnetic though so it sits without the fear that it may fall when you move the statue. As the hat is made of polystone, it has some weight in it, so my advice to those who already have this is to make sure to remove the hat first if you will move Gandalf. If the hat falls especially from a tall height, it will surely break. :wink1:

Maybe you could line the inside of the hat with duct tape? Prevent scratching the paint and to make it a more secure fit.

It'll be the first thing I do.

Bill

No worries bill59. You won't be disappointed with this - it's amazing. I hope you can have one pretty soon. :)

Nothing to worry about paint rubbing off on the inside of Gandalf's hat as it has a depression that matches exactly the contour of the top of Gandalf's head. I wished it was magnetic though so it sits without the fear that it may fall when you move the statue. As the hat is made of polystone, it has some weight in it, so my advice to those who already have this is to make sure to remove the hat first if you will move Gandalf. If the hat falls especially from a tall height, it will surely break. :wink1:

Ok, that's not good news for folks in earthquake country, then . . .

Maybe you could line the inside of the hat with duct tape? Prevent scratching the paint and to make it a more secure fit.

It'll be the first thing I do.

I would use adhesive felt that you can get from any craft store. Stick it to the inside of the hat, so the felt makes contact with the head, when the hat is put on.

Back