Statue Weta The Hobbit - Bofur the Dwarf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This statue looks so good! Great shots again Josh!Natural light is the best and it really enhances the subject (coming from someone who has had little knowledge about photography :lol). I still haven't ordered Bofur though, but will get him in the next few weeks. PO'ed Azog last Tuesday so I'm gonna *try* and hold my horse a bit until the pre-auth clears, otherwise my card is gonna break! :rotfl:rotfl

He does look really good. He's such a cool statue. Likeness isn't spot on but its pretty good. I like taking it in the natural light as it takes away from things being too dark and depending on the time of day you don't get too light. I've noticed photobucket at times lightens things in the uploading process because things are a little darker on my computer. I hear that. He's worth getting an expanding a great looking Hobbit statue collection. :rock

One thing I do think Weta could improve upon is some of the shadowing of the face paints. Maybe its the lighting here but the face looks flat and washed out a bit, almost like a animated maquette in a way. The piece at SDCC didn't look like this, I assume it was the paint master.

Very nice! Bofur is really cool. I need to get some pics taken this week before I start back to school next week.

Josh,

Great pictues you have. I have looked at your pictues of Bofur close up to confirm with my Bofur if its normal or possible a small chip near the tip of the hat, the part which covers his ears its the 9th photo down. Looking at the 9th photo it looks like a bite has taken out. As its not flash on the edge, thats how mine looks, possible yours look the same from the angle, could you please confirm.
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. : duff looking at it in my collection room it doesn't look broke. I think it's just the way it's sculpted.

One thing I do think Weta could improve upon is some of the shadowing of the face paints. Maybe its the lighting here but the face looks flat and washed out a bit, almost like a animated maquette in a way. The piece at SDCC didn't look like this, I assume it was the paint master.

:exactly:

I know what you mean. The sculpts are on the mark but the painting detracts away from it making them look too comical in a way.
It's a bit of an oddity for me at the moment as they still appeal to me on a 'The Hobbit-the basic story book' level, ie for children, but not in a 'The Hobbit- a children's story with a much deeper, darker adult ME lore'.
This applies to the dead pan Thorin, the acceptable comedy element Bombur, the too serrious likeness lost Kili and now the obvious comedian Bofur. I will love them as a set, but looking at each individually like this makes me....confused :panic:

:lol

Back