Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want that contract, willing to pay $450 if i have confidence in weta quality but i dont. Hopefully someone will get one and do an inhand review/photos.

Unlike all the statues, etc which are mass made in china, the contract is hand made in NZ by Daniel, so quality won't be an issue.

Even so, I order one, so that should solve your problem :D

I ordered Bilbo as well, just got to have him to go with my original SSW Bilbo.

Unlike all the statues, etc which are mass made in china, the contract is hand made in NZ by Daniel, so quality won't be an issue.

Even so, I order one, so that should solve your problem :D

great, please post some photos and close up once you get it!

i just dont trust weta, all those guns i ordered from them that looked super in the photos turned up like crap in person with very sloppy paints. Also rivendell that suppose to be hand made tiles with thousands of hours blabla, also turned out sloppy.

Not yet....and it's already past 5 pm here. hmmmm....mebbe I misunderstood their e-mail.

Nothing yet. I got a ready to ship email for my strider piece last Friday and it didn't ship until this Wednesday.

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice for this yet? I received a " released to our US Warehouse for dispatch" notice over a week ago but nothing since.

Bilbo has arrived safe and well :yess:

He is a great little piece and I'm very happy with the sculpt, pose, colors etc. I can't post any pics as my computer is playing up, but I have posted a comparison shot with this Bilbo with the original SS/W version on the SaF if you want a quick look :wink1:
This one appears slightly bigger, but I put that down to Bilbo being a bit more 'robust in his youth and the tolls of the ring being far off :lecture

I'm very happy with him.

I saw your shots. He came out great and am looking forward until tomorrow when mine arrives. They also changed the box style a bit it seems from Thorin.

No worries Dave, I got your back:

Dave Mac said:
Bilbo004.jpg

Bilbo005.jpg

Bilbo007.jpg

Bilbo009.jpg

He's definitely a younger, chunkier Hobbit and seems a bit bigger than his older self :thumbs

Very, very pleased with this representation and it calls to mind Bilbos first use of sting against the spider in Mirkwood as he looks almost frightened weilding the blade :lol

Great sculpt as ever from Bridgette and some lovely detailing. Fits right in with the original line. I will let others do the more detailed reviews and pics as my computer is on it's last legs :scared

Interesting thought. Would make for a cool image once we get all the different races produced. Then you have to wonder if it will change any over the three movies like with the SSW pieces.

Got mine today and damn its a nice statue. Great detail, paint, and a very good likeness. This is going to be one hell of a good line.

If you're getting this let me know or post in the Weta tracker thread. Though its open ill add it to the list.

Absolutely! Just what we have now and what I saw at comic-con was awesome. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Back