WETA returns to LOTR 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballder

Freaked Out
Reaction score
From Tim at the Shadow and the Flame:

It's been several years since Weta last released a figure from our extensive range of 1/6th scale LOTR statues.

For the last year and a half, we have been busy creating a new range for The Hobbit.

But we think it is now time to also return to The Lord of The Rings and fill a few gaps

What do you think ?

We would much appreciate if the Flamers could organise a poll to vote on their top 3 choices

Cheers

Tim

I imagine this means SS's maquette line is dead and buried.

Couldn't be any happier for WETA to take it on, personally. The slow pace, lack of info and all-around lack of commitment to SS's line made it a frustrating one to collect. And one thing is for sure, WETA will listen to what the fans want!

Heard this last night. Pretty cool news! :rock Looking forward to see what Weta will do with things.

Yes but characters not done before. There are quite a few we can think of

Wow, what a development. I never thought I would ask this so early, but, is it time to say Goodbye to Sideshow's Lord of the Rings already? :dunno

I sincerely hope they KEEP the Sideshow styled bases...but probably not happening...since they seem to like the simplicity of the map base.

Weta has improved their statues so much. They'll stand out amongst the old ones.

Nope, I will take my TWK or the ML or RWS over any of the new items, they are very much on par IMHO. Seeing the Lurtz and now owning one, I am deeply saddened that SS has totally dropped the ball on the PF line but Weta has def stepped it up the past year or so!

Nope, I will take my TWK or the ML or RWS over any of the new items, they are very much on par IMHO. Seeing the Lurtz and now owning one, I am deeply saddened that SS has totally dropped the ball on the PF line but Weta has def stepped it up the past year or so!

I meant the new Weta statues compared to the old SSWeta ones.

Excellent news. Weta actively encourage feedback from collectors and listen. Although they have made some stunning pieces, Sideshow have dropped the ball a number of times with LOTR lines over the years and left collectors with half done lines. Since the original Sideshow/Weta collaboration I've steered clear of sideshow new lines. Can't wait to see what Weta will come up with : )

Now that's interesting. Weta's quality has improved alot since the Hobbit line started. Way better looking statues than SS.

Armored Uruk-Hai (or Lurtz)
High Elven Warrior (prologue elf)
Rohan Royal Guard

Those are my top 3.

Well, isn't this an interesting turn of events. So basically SS have lost the 1/6th scale statue license and I guess only now have the 1/4 scale PF license for both the Hobbit and LOTR. Of course that's hardly been going gang busters.

Is it wrong of me to wish that woodsy was still here :lol I guess in the interest of forum harmony, it's just as well he isn't.

Given that SS no longer have the license and nothing new is currently up for pre-order, short of some very special deal, I'd say the hope, theory, wish, assumption that SS will complete the fellowship in at least one line is likely dead.

On a plus side, at least you know Weta will complete all of the dwarfs from the Hobbit :p

Back