Weta John Howe Faux Bronze Eowyn and the Nazgul Pre-Order is Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta John Howe Faux Bronze Eowyn vs. Witch-King Pre-Order is Up

What's New Zealand $621.33 convert to in US Dollars?

Edit: Nevermind, it's $430.

Great looking piece, but getting mostly out of LOTR. This looks much better than the SS version, and only 300 ES.

Near the upper right hand corner of the web site, look for "currency" and click the drop down menu to see the price in US dollars.

There is a conversion tab on their site, look in the right hand corner, but to answer your question it is $430.

JohnHoweEowynclrg2.jpg

JohnHoweEowynalrg2.jpg

JohnHoweEowynelrg2.jpg

I'm not interested in bronzes. If this was in full color I would buy it for sure.

Based on John Howe's masterpiece artwork. Beautiful sculpt. ES 300. Priced competitively to some Sideshow pieces. Hobbit movie coming soon. Not understanding how people aren't going nuts over this. I would've thought that at least the flippers would be mercilessly all over this one.

that would change after you watch The Hobbit movie :gun

No I don't think so. It's more about the overall piece not really the characters. The Eowyn/Nazgul piece is just more dynamic than Smaug. Even though every time I look at the Nazgul I keep thinking about the Black Night from Monty Python. :lol

Based on John Howe's masterpiece artwork. Beautiful sculpt. ES 300. Priced competitively to some Sideshow pieces. Hobbit movie coming soon. Not understanding how people aren't going nuts over this. I would've thought that at least the flippers would be mercilessly all over this one.

:confused: If by competitively priced you mean $80 [or almost 25%]more than the most expensive SS LOTR products [excl. Lurtz PF ES 350,excl. Shades of Mordor dio. ES 400] to date, then yeah, it's competitively priced. The faux bronze finish [which should actually lower the production/ labour cost :confused:] may be popular with a small minority, but it is not the preference of most collectors. And like you yourself said, it's based on John Howe's artwork...not the movies. Everyone is familiar with the movies and I think if you were to ask people which vision of Middle Earth they prefer...John Howe's or Weta's, the vast majority would opt for Weta.
These are beautiful sculpts, but they are overpriced. Case in point.....JH's [still available after two month's of pre-ordering] Smaug statue. And personally speaking I do not think The Hobbit will have the slightest impact on this line...not even the Smaug statue. Weta will create their own movie-based Smaug statue and that is the one people will be flocking to, not JH's. As for the flippers, they wouldn't touch this line with a 10 foot pole....unless they want to lose their shirts. :naughty

Last edited:
:confused: If by competitively priced you mean $80 [or almost 25%]more than the most expensive SS LOTR products [excl. Lurtz PF ES 350,excl. Shades of Mordor dio. ES 400] to date, then yeah, it's competitively priced. The faux bronze finish [which should actually lower the production/ labour cost :confused:] may be popular with a small minority, but it is not the preference of most collectors. And like you yourself said, it's based on John Howe's artwork...not the movies. Everyone is familiar with the movies and I think if you were to ask people which vision of Middle Earth they prefer...John Howe's or Weta's, the vast majority would opt for Weta.
These are beautiful sculpts, but they are overpriced. Case in point.....JH's Smaug statue. And personally speaking I do not think The Hobbit will have the slightest impact on this line...not even the Smaug statue. Weta will create their own movie-based Smaug statue and that is the one people will be flocking to, not JH's. As for the flippers, they wouldn't touch this line with a 10 foot pole....unless they want to lose their shirts. :naughty

Oh you're probably right as usual. :monkey2

Oh you're probably right as usual. :monkey2

:lecture Very true I am usually right...except for the times I'm wrong :lol

No doubt BF these are terrific looking statues and I do look forward to seeing what JH and Weta have in store for us. I just I wish I knew someone who had some inside info as to what to expect next. :naughty

Last edited:
Back